• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I went to try an buy a brick of .22LR Friday morning . They have by my count, more than 200, 50 round boxes. You would think that they could stop breaking down the bricks into individual boxes already.

Is there any secret to buying a brick of .22 nowadays? It really irritates me to have to buy 2 boxes of 50 rounds each time. I don't resell what I get. They should develop some kind of program to allow one brick of ammo a month or something similar. No, one wants to make 5 trips to Academy for a brick of ammo.

I will be happy when this drought is over....
    Military Camp

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    The one closest to me is just off my normal route to work, so when they have something I want I'll just stop in every day either before or after work and get my two boxes until it's gone. (One guy occasionally gives me four boxes but don't tell anyone!)

The only regular way to buy bricks is online. Bullets.com has the Norma TAC-22 (rebadged RWS) for $5.45 a box, limit 30 boxes (3 bricks) and flat $10 shipping.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Is there any secret to buying a brick of .22 nowadays?....

Like ac said above, you just need to stop in when you can. You can also find out when they get their deliveries and only check those days or maybe the next morning instead of everyday. The guys there will usually tell you when those days/times are.

dtownmj

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I think we can all agree that the .22 lr ammo situation is better now than it was in Winter/Spring 2013, when i started to buy ammo. I was able to buy bricks then at academy - if you are there right when they open, you have a chance to get bricks. I dont think people form lines anymore like they did back in 2013 waiting for the store to open. An hour after opening is usually when they will be out of the bricks. Also, try the bigger academys as they get more shipments in during the week. hope this helps

berto40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Houston
    Carter Country put a Facebook post advertising some of those bucket-o-bullets for $80 and I recently saw some Ferderal auto match 325ct at Gander Mtn on Eldridge @ Westheimer for $25.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    It is sad that you can't just walk into your local WalMart or Academy and buy a brick for $15 or so for plinking ammo. When I was growing up, we'd cut grass and such to earn $5 and buy enough ammo to wander the woods plinking for weeks.

Like everything else, times have changed. But I think the cheap plinking ammo has suffered the most at least as far as availability. I now mostly shoot match grade .22 and that's pretty easy to find on line. Yep it's expensive as .22 goes, but I tend to shoot slower and use less ammo.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I went to try an buy a brick of .22LR Friday morning . They have by my count, more than 200, 50 round boxes. You would think that they could stop breaking down the bricks into individual boxes already.

Is there any secret to buying a brick of .22 nowadays? It really irritates me to have to buy 2 boxes of 50 rounds each time. I don't resell what I get. They should develop some kind of program to allow one brick of ammo a month or something similar. No, one wants to make 5 trips to Academy for a brick of ammo.

I will be happy when this drought is over....
    I feel your pain!

My local Academy only sells "bricks" in two, fifty round boxes at a time.

It is a pain in the ass, but I will buy my two, and over time, it adds up to two thousand or more.

Price varies from $.06 per round for Federal, and $.10 for Aquila High Velocity.

It is what it is.

dtownmj

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Went to academy today (greenway plaza) around 12:30. Had a day off from work. Was able to get a 325 ct federal automatch for 17.99, limit 1. Was goin for fishin stuff and just happened to see a box of that stuff.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Went to academy today (greenway plaza) around 12:30. Had a day off from work. Was able to get a 325 ct federal automatch for 17.99, limit 1. Was goin for fishin stuff and just happened to see a box of that stuff.
    Same at the Katy store.. First box I have been able to buy in 5 visits.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom