• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kmbrman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2009
    WACO
    After buying several handguns over the last few years, I bought a Glock17L from a local Texas Academy Store. As I filled out the forms I was told the FBI would be notified of my purchase! Is this a new policy on the part of the FBI or the store? By the way, I've had a concealed permit since we could get one.
    Hurley's Gold

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Why would the FBI even care about your firearm purchase (cept maybe background check which is done when you buy one anyway from an FFL), to me if any agency would be BATFE and even then why.

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    The FBI knows about every gun you fill out a yellow on. Why they told you this is beyond me.
    Well, not exactly. With a CHL you just fill out the paperwork and the yellow gets put into a fireproof safe with a copy of the CHL and TDL. Without the CHL, the FBI is notified of your name, place of birth, birthday, social, and what you are buying, a pistol, or long gun. So, if you have a CHL, nothing is called in.

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Thanks for that tip, kmbrman. I have never bought a weapon from Academy and now I don't think I ever will.

The way I understand it, once you have a CHL you have been "FBI Investigated" to the hilt.

kmbrman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2009
    WACO
    Academy

That's what I thought, the concealed permit should cover you. Maybe this is someting new, perhaps. About the Waco thing Jason ,I don't think we will ever live this one down. I was even asked about the incident in Canada on vacation a few years ago.

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    I think the clerk mis-spoke. I have to give Academy props, a few days ago I bought a bunch of .380 ammo at a reasonable price. I called first and the clerk said he had some and would put my name on what I wanted. No BS hassle or hoops to jump thru. I can't sat that about Carter's Country or Gander Mountain. Hew Haw salutes Academy!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    That's what I thought, the concealed permit should cover you. Maybe this is someting new, perhaps. About the Waco thing Jason ,I don't think we will ever live this one down. I was even asked about the incident in Canada on vacation a few years ago.

Explain to the next one that asked that we had a Governor that failed to protect a citizen of her state, and a president that didn't believe in Free Thought.

Was Koresh a nut case? Hell, yeah. But that was NO reason to do what was done - especially to the innocents. That POS gov should've IMMEDIATELY ordered Texas LEO's to remove Federal Officers from the scene of an assault in which STATE laws were violated.....NOT federal ones.

Sorry - I still see red over that entire mess.

Top Bottom