Academy Policy?

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by kmbrman, Aug 28, 2009.

1. kmbrman

kmbrman New Member

May 23, 2009
    WACO
    After buying several handguns over the last few years, I bought a Glock17L from a local Texas Academy Store. As I filled out the forms I was told the FBI would be notified of my purchase! Is this a new policy on the part of the FBI or the store? By the way,:gotme: I've had a concealed permit since we could get one.

2. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Why would the FBI even care about your firearm purchase (cept maybe background check which is done when you buy one anyway from an FFL), to me if any agency would be BATFE and even then why.

3. Okierifleman

Okierifleman Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    The FBI knows about every gun you fill out a yellow on. Why they told you this is beyond me.

4. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    That was the only thing I could really think, anything beyond that sounds like some :bs:

5. Jason

Jason Well-Known

Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    You are in Waco, they think you are going to have a stand off!

6. shilohshooters

shilohshooters Active Member

Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    Well, not exactly. With a CHL you just fill out the paperwork and the yellow gets put into a fireproof safe with a copy of the CHL and TDL. Without the CHL, the FBI is notified of your name, place of birth, birthday, social, and what you are buying, a pistol, or long gun. So, if you have a CHL, nothing is called in.

7. Okierifleman

Okierifleman Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I knew you didnt have to call it in, but you dont even have to send it in? I did not know that.

Wow! Great for me!

8. SiscoKid

SiscoKid Active Member

Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Thanks for that tip, kmbrman. I have never bought a weapon from Academy and now I don't think I ever will.

The way I understand it, once you have a CHL you have been "FBI Investigated" to the hilt.

9. kmbrman

kmbrman New Member

May 23, 2009
    WACO
    Academy

That's what I thought, the concealed permit should cover you. Maybe this is someting new, perhaps. About the Waco thing Jason ,I don't think we will ever live this one down. I was even asked about the incident in Canada on vacation a few years ago.

10. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Another good reason to get a CHL.