• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    So this morning I went to Academy and there was a humongous line outside and an Academy employee at the door. Figuring it was a line for ammunition, I started though the door and this "employee" stepped in front of me and stopped my entry into the store. He said "There's a line for ammunition outside!" I had already determined I was not interested in standing in that line figuring from the number of folks in line that it would be pointless to get in line. Sooo... I told him I was not buying ammunition and started around him. He again, stepped in front of me, blocking my entry into the store and repeated himself. "There's a line for ammunition!" I repeated myself saying "I'm not buying ammunition!!!" The he ask "What are you buying???" Frustrated with the B/S I told him "holster". I should have said none of your business!", stepped around him, again and as I entered the store I heard him say "Oh, alright...." After going back to the hunting section and seeing nothing that interested me I went to the customer service desk and ask to speak with the manager. Wellll... lo 'n behold I'd already spoken with him once this morning - same guy as the store entry police. I voiced my complaint he apologized saying recently folks had said the same thing as me yet once in the store went to the C/S desk(where they keep 9mm, .223 and some other caliber) and proceed to buying ammunition. I understand his dilemma but blocking entry into the store and questioning customers about their intended purchases seems a bit over the top to me.
    Venture Surplus ad

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    At least he wasn't armed with a laser thermometer.

Seriously, Gestapo? You're sound quite libtarded.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Don't take it personal.....he deals with a lot of lying assholes all day....if people were honest upstanding good people it wouldn't be necessary.............

Jerks ruin it for everyone...................

Hey, those jerks are just trying to make a living by reselling their 9mm at 300% markup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Don't take it personal.....he deals with a lot of lying assholes all day....if people were honest upstanding good people it wouldn't be necessary.............

Jerks ruin it for everyone...................
    I didn't... The only thing I took exception to was when I told him I wasn't buying ammunition and then he questioned me on what I was buying. No doubt he's seen me in there 3-4 times this week.

I don't know that their doing a 300% markup I do know they're the cheapest source I can find!

ETA: On my way out I did walk by the C/S desk(where they're holding the 3 popular calibers) and ask if they had any 9mm left. "NOPE!" LOL...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I didn't... The only thing I took exception to was when I told him I wasn't buying ammunition and then he questioned me on what I was buying. No doubt he's seen me in there 3-4 times this week.

I don't know that their doing a 300% markup I do know they're the cheapest source I can find!

ETA: On my way out I did walk by the C/S desk(where they're holding the 3 popular calibers) and ask if they had any 9mm left. "NOPE!" LOL...

Ehhh...in that statement the “jerks” were not academy employees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    You say your name is Doug, but are you sure it isn't Karen? You sound like a Karen.
    shooo fly or....

1602280933912.png

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    No job at all, that better? BUT on the way out you checked for 9mm, question is if they had it would you have bought some?
    Oh... I didn't add that there was no line. Everybody was gone at that point. That's the only reason I checked. And yes, if they still had some I would have bought some.

Top Bottom