• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    If that's the 50cal can, it's a great deal !

If they are over runs from the same mfg for US cans then those are AWESOME compared to the silly cost of surplus cans today. It wasn't long ago where surplus cans were $5 each for a 50cal with good seals. Might swing in a buy a few for that price.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    If they are over runs from the same mfg for US cans then those are AWESOME compared to the silly cost of surplus cans today. It wasn't long ago where surplus cans were $5 each for a 50cal with good seals. Might swing in a buy a few for that price.

They had different markings then the Blackhawk brand and I believe they were regular price (the scanner was down) of 19.99 and they didn't look any different inside or out. I picked up a few at Cabela's a couple months ago when they were the same price.

I miss those days of cheap surplus cans too!!! It use to be they couldn't give them away and they would be stack from floor to ceiling at almost every Army/Navy store. It seems like since the word "prepping" became a household term, the prices have steadily rose.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    It says free shipping on orders over $39. Then it says the cans are not available on line. In stores only. Well, I'm only about 25 miles from the one in Round Rock. I may just drive over there. Darn good price.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    It says free shipping on orders over $39. Then it says the cans are not available on line. In stores only. Well, I'm only about 25 miles from the one in Round Rock. I may just drive over there. Darn good price.

Call the number first on the page and make sure they have them. I did and they gave me the amount they had in stock at my local store over the phone.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis

Made in China. I looked at them tonight. Bought a Blackhawk one awhile back. They dont seem to be the same as but below is the Blackhawk for $10 as well.

Internet research http://m.academy.com/shop/pdp/blackhawk-steel-ammunition-can/pid-850007?deviceType=true

If you look above the barcode i believe the Blackhawk can shows made in US.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    For moving a modest amount of ammo from here to there, they will do just fine. If you want to bury these in your bunker and forget about them, you might want to search out an alternative. For, $10, I'll take a few and with the other $10 I'm saving over the Blackhawks, I'll buy some ammo to put in.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I agree they arent terrible but if the Acadmey site is right you can get the US made blackhawk ones for the same price. I just dont see pallets of them. I know most of buy some Chinese stuff but I avoid it when i can.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I agree they arent terrible but if the Acadmey site is right you can get the US made blackhawk ones for the same price. I just dont see pallets of them. I know most of buy some Chinese stuff but I avoid it when i can.

I stand corrected, The Blackhawks are $9.99 online, I assume in store as well but I wasn't able to check yesterday. Good deal.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I think if you need an ammo can for $10 go for it. They appear to be quality but not mil-spec thickness. I have this feeling Academy is closing them out because the normal price of $20 isn't moving too many.

You still can find surplus cans for cheap if you buy in bulk and know where to look though.

Top Bottom