• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LittleGun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    I went to the Pasadena show on Sunday. As I approached the ticket window, I saw a young boy at the ticket window. He was talking to the ticket lady saying, "He shot himself in the knee!"

I looked around but did not see anyone who appeared to be in trouble. The ticket lady pointed for the boy to go inside the convention center, then she closed the ticket window. I stood there, wondering if she would return.

A few seconds later, an older man limped past the ticket window, holding his knee. He was breathing heavily. Blood was dripping from his hand where he held his knee. I watched as he limped into the convention center.

The ticket lady returned and open the ticket window. I bought a ticket and entered the convention center. The injured man was sitting in a chair with his leg propped up. He was still holding his knee. Two police officers were helping him. One officer was on the phone while asking the man questions. It looked like the officer was getting vital info from injured man.

I kept on moving so that I wouldn't be in the way. I don't know what eventually happened. I guess this was an accidental discharge because I assume that no one wants to shoot himself in the knee.
    Capitol Armory ad

DILLON1980

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Houston
    I Thought everyone had to have their firearms inspected by an officer at the door before entering the gun show. Maybe this was a vendor or something. I would hope that it wasn't a lack of thoroughness any officers at the show.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I Thought everyone had to have their firearms inspected by an officer at the door before entering the gun show. Maybe this was a vendor or something. I would hope that it wasn't a lack of thoroughness any officers at the show.

My take on what was written in the OP is that the man and boy were both outside the show seeking help from someone inside.

LittleGun wrote:

"The ticket lady pointed for the boy to go inside the convention center"

"an older man limped past the ticket window" <snip> "I watched as he limped into the convention center."

Reading what is written is important before making statements that are thinly veiled accusations.

LittleGun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    Correction: Negligent Discharge.

The man was outside of the convention center when I saw him. It appears that the discharge happened in the parking lot and that the man went into the convention center for help.

Randy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Austin
    I was at the Saxet show last year when a gun went off....man never heard a room so full of people get so quiet so fast before........started checking myself for holes........

HowlinJoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    NW Houston
    It's been an issue for years. I was at a GunShow at the George R. Brown in Houston 15 years ago when the same thing happened. Before that, you just walked into the show and carried any gun that you wanted to trade. Since then, they have officers to check your weapons at the door.

Just as in all other aspects of life - the stupid ones make it harder on all the rest of us.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    George Brown Houston.
    In '91(I think) I was standing at a table looking at some revolvers, when bang! A round goes off behind me and a woman screams. Idiot shot the floor with a .25 he had just bought. The floor chipped and hit a woman in the leg. But she did not know it was concrete, not a bullet. The dealer I'm talking to says Oh God thats my wife and takes off. You could tell the Cops in the house, they ran towards the shot. The rest went the other way or just down. I stood guard at the guys table until some other dealers covered things up. We all continued on with the show.
    Shortly after that the city banned gun shows in the GBCC. It took a lawsuit and a long time before they returned. Then for awhile you had to buy ammo inside and take a ticket out to the parking lot and find the pickup to actually get the ammo. These days even that has been relaxed. Stuff happens

huck finn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    san antonio
    As stated ND. Make no excuses for those who choose to walk aimlessly dormant in the impact zone of life. Its idiots that do this crap that litter the gene pool for the rest of us. the important thing is that he shot him self and not the kid, or my wife or your wife/kids After 22 years in the corps I have learned one valuable lesson in life that applies to every situation never be afraid to call a turd a turd.

Kerbouchard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Dallas
    If he wasn't forced to clear his weapon in the car an could keep it in its holster where it belongs, it would be a non-issue.

I have always hated the 'gun-show rule'.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    If you can't clear your own gun safely, I don't want to be around you anywhere.
    The term "accidents happen" cannot apply to gun safety.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom