Accidental Discharge at Pasadena Gun Show

LittleGun

Jun 27, 2008
Spring/Houston
I went to the Pasadena show on Sunday. As I approached the ticket window, I saw a young boy at the ticket window. He was talking to the ticket lady saying, "He shot himself in the knee!"

I looked around but did not see anyone who appeared to be in trouble. The ticket lady pointed for the boy to go inside the convention center, then she closed the ticket window. I stood there, wondering if she would return.

A few seconds later, an older man limped past the ticket window, holding his knee. He was breathing heavily. Blood was dripping from his hand where he held his knee. I watched as he limped into the convention center.

The ticket lady returned and open the ticket window. I bought a ticket and entered the convention center. The injured man was sitting in a chair with his leg propped up. He was still holding his knee. Two police officers were helping him. One officer was on the phone while asking the man questions. It looked like the officer was getting vital info from injured man.

I kept on moving so that I wouldn't be in the way. I don't know what eventually happened. I guess this was an accidental discharge because I assume that no one wants to shoot himself in the knee.

DILLON1980

Nov 30, 2008
Houston
I Thought everyone had to have their firearms inspected by an officer at the door before entering the gun show. Maybe this was a vendor or something. I would hope that it wasn't a lack of thoroughness any officers at the show.

juwaba98

Well-Known
May 9, 2008
North Zulch, TX
I Thought everyone had to have their firearms inspected by an officer at the door before entering the gun show. Maybe this was a vendor or something. I would hope that it wasn't a lack of thoroughness any officers at the show.

My take on what was written in the OP is that the man and boy were both outside the show seeking help from someone inside.

LittleGun wrote:

"The ticket lady pointed for the boy to go inside the convention center"

"an older man limped past the ticket window" <snip> "I watched as he limped into the convention center."

Reading what is written is important before making statements that are thinly veiled accusations.

LittleGun

Jun 27, 2008
Spring/Houston
Correction: Negligent Discharge.

The man was outside of the convention center when I saw him. It appears that the discharge happened in the parking lot and that the man went into the convention center for help.

mac79912

Well-Known
BANNED!!!
Mar 4, 2008
It take's one to ruin it for the rest of us.Surprized that it did not make CNN.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members