• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    If you cant clear a firearm safely, then you either need to get more training, or leave the damn thing alone and yell for your mom to come do it. I have had three AD not ND.
    first was loaded rifle I was handed to unload. Pointed in the air and pushed safety off, the old 700 remys would not let you open bolt with safety on.the thing went off, owner had adjusted his trigger. Second was a 22 semi pistol that was in leather holster that owner had shoved it in loaded and apparently with safety off. Never even got that one to clear leather, again pointed in safe direction. Was told after that it was misfiring and he bought from a guy that had tuned it.Had to fix a small hole in the baseboard. My alltime personal favorite was an early 80 series colt commander that I traded for and I was delighted. Took it to the range and was all set to fire a keeper .set up, racked slide back, insert magazine, drop slide and empty entire mag down range. Owner had done trigger job. Point to the story is , be careful and obey the rules of safety. My favorite is not AD or ND got my hands on an early MAC-10 open bolt .45 32 roung mag or something. I wanted to fire it and had some odd and end hand loaded ammo 185 gr.Loaded 11 or 12 rounds, whatever I had. Iam not sure why my font changed. HELP. anyway the thing ripped off the entire mag. was told later by a friend that it was designed for 230 gr and the 185 gr was short cycleing the action.NOT FUN but i was in the middle of about 3000 acre cotton field muzzle was in the right direction. Made an Impressionable long line in the mud and didnt perforate any thing important.Be safe Be alert and watch that muzzle.!!!!!!!!
    Lynx Defense

Kerbouchard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Dallas
    I have never had a ND and do not defend those that have. In todays times, people are going to gun shows more often. That's just a fact. Having people unload firearms who are unfamiliar with them in the parking lot is a recipe for disaster.

Having somebody who carries every day of his life forced to unload his gun because of the other group is absurd.

I've never heard of a gun going off in a holster where the trigger guard was covered. If it ever has happened it was a poorly designed holster or a 'bubba-smithed' gun. Either way, it would be pointing at the ground(maybe an ankle).

If I can carry,safely, just about anywhere else, I have never understood why I couldn't carry at a gun show.

Plus, they sell AMMO and guns at gun shows. Who's to stop somebody from buying ammo, a gun, and loading it in the bath room?

The pretense that mass shootings don't happen at gun shows is because people expect people at gun shows to be armed. By, illegally, disarming legal gun owners and licensees at gun shows(since most are held on gov't property), it will, inherently, reduce that assumption.

I've seen some pretty shady looking people at gun shows, and honestly, I would prefer them not have the option to buy ammo and firearms while I am disarmed because of a stupid rule. As a rule, the criminals don't obey the rules. That's what makes them criminals.

For that reason, I don't go to gun shows, anymore.

I won't walk into a store that has a 30.06 sign, and while a lot of you agree with that, you comply with the sign just because its a gun show. That's Hogwash and a double standard.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I won't walk into a store that has a 30.06 sign, and while a lot of you agree with that, you comply with the sign just because its a gun show. That's Hogwash and a double standard.

Not me. I know that 30.06 only applies to folks carrying under CHL law, and when I go to a Gun Show, I am NOT carrying under CHL law, just like when I went to Gun Shows before there was CHL law.

Kerbouchard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Dallas
    That's even worse than a double-standard. That's a "I'm LEO and better than you, so you will follow my double-standard". It's still Hogwash.

I would argue that CHL holders that actully carry, generally, have more experience handling and carrying a concealed weapon than most LEO. Simply because its a tool to the LEO and a choice to the CHL holder.

Now, if you meant that you don't and never have carried than I withdraw my statement.

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    kerbouchard

I am totally amazed by some of things in your post and it will take me awhile to let the braincloud go from my mind before I can respond.

Kerbouchard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Dallas
    kerbouchard

I am totally amazed by some of things in your post and it will take me awhile to let the braincloud go from my mind before I can respond.

I won't even speculate as to what 'braincloud' means, but if you'll let me know of the things that 'amaze' you, I would be happy to elaborate.

There are a few liberal 'elite' who believe firearms should only be carried by themselves or people who are under their control. I could provide a list of Dem's who have permits in states where it is impossible for ordinary citizens to obtain them, but a google search will get you the same information.

A LEO saying its okay for him to carry, off duty, in a certain environment and not okay for me is absurd.

Nobody could know what experience I have in carrying or using a firearm, so explain to me why an officer with 3 days experience has more of a right to carry than I do. Under our current law, he does. That is the position we place ourselves in with these debates. If we equate position to experience, we are sorely mistaken. If we balance experience to position, who is to judge?

There is one simple solution...the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Seems pretty simple to me.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Got to agree.I have LEO experience and have seen some weird stuff happen at gunshows.

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    kerbochaurd

First I would like to ask you to explain about ilegally disarming the public.secondly is the about people that are unfamiliar with firearms having to unload in the parking lot. Do you really want to be in the same building with them. I have been going to gun shows for about 40 yrs and I dont recall ever have been to one on government property as you state, which branch. I cant even fathom the comment about mass shootings at gun shows and I think you may be one of the shady characters that you proclaim to have seen at gun shows. And as after thought you allude to fact that you have carrying forever, and I personally think that your mouth is more loaded than your gun.

But that is just my opinon and it is guaranteed by the 1st amendment.

elaborate on that!

Kerbouchard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Dallas
    http://texinfo.library.unt.edu/sessionlaws/78thsession/bills/SB501.pdf

SB501 prohibits the enforcement of a 30.06 sign on any government owned or leased property where a CHL holder could otherwise carry. In Dallas, several of the major gun shows are on government property. That is why I say it is 'illegally' disarming.

I also find the 30.06 sign to be unconstitutional in the first place because it infringes on ones right to keep and bear arms.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    That's even worse than a double-standard. That's a "I'm LEO and better than you, so you will follow my double-standard". It's still Hogwash.

I would argue that CHL holders that actully carry, generally, have more experience handling and carrying a concealed weapon than most LEO. Simply because its a tool to the LEO and a choice to the CHL holder.

Now, if you meant that you don't and never have carried than I withdraw my statement.

I am not an LEO. Just someone who reads and understands the law. Beenc carrying handguns to gun shows for 20 years, long before any CHL law.

Kerbouchard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Dallas
    I am not an LEO. Just someone who reads and understands the law. Beenc carrying handguns to gun shows for 20 years, long before any CHL law.

The only way I can think of that being possible, legally, would be for you to be carrying a long gun. Or, I guess, if you were a District Attorney or Judge.

If you have some other enlightenment aside from the 2nd Amendment, which should make your statement true, I would be interested.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The only way I can think of that being possible, legally, would be for you to be carrying a long gun. Or, I guess, if you were a District Attorney or Judge.

If you have some other enlightenment aside from the 2nd Amendment, which should make your statement true, I would be interested.

You must go to different gun shows than I do. I have never been to one where a CHL was not allowed to bring a handgun in.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    You must go to different gun shows than I do. I have never been to one where a CHL was not allowed to bring a handgun in.

Ok, now you're responses to the questions are getting more strange. You're saying you carry to gun shows, but regardless of 30.06 signs because there, you're not carrying under "CHL law", but you're not otherwise permitted to carry concealed. You seem to have flip flipped now, saying you don't know of a gun show that posts 30.06 signs?

Since I' not the only one curious, please help us understand so we don't walk around confused all day.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Ok, now you're responses to the questions are getting more strange. You're saying you carry to gun shows, but regardless of 30.06 signs because there, you're not carrying under "CHL law", but you're not otherwise permitted to carry concealed. You seem to have flip flipped now, saying you don't know of a gun show that posts 30.06 signs?

Since I' not the only one curious, please help us understand so we don't walk around confused all day.

What is the specific question?

Yes I know of shows that Post 30.06. Market Hall.

But said 30.06 does NOT prevent you from going in with a handgun.

So yes, I do patronize businesses that post 30.06 (valid or invalid), but only if no alternative exists or it is a matter of necessity. Gun Show being one example of no alternative. I do not see that as "That's Hogwash and a double standard", just the way I do things. I even get on planes once it awhile too without a gun, and last week I took an Armorers Course, and everyone was precluded from being handguns into the classroom including the LEOs and Instructor.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    You've eluded to the fact that you carry and concealed handgun to guns shows, regardless of a 30-06 sign as you are not "carrying under CHL laws" as you said.

If that's not what you meant, it's what was coming across and why some are questioning it.

Carrying a hand gun opening, unloaded and disabled to sell/trade is a different story, unless that's what you meant to convey.

Top Bottom