Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Update
    1. 27 dead 24 wounded
    2. Guy walked in and shot the church up.
    3. Shooter May have been slowed by LTD carrier
    4. Witness says Shooter isn't from the Sutherland Springs community,
    5. was dressed 'in full gear'
    6. Church have been live streaming the service
    7. Shooter may be a Devin Kelley

First off, my condolences to these families. In this environment of increased threats, it is important to have a plan of action. It now doesn't matter how big your church or organization is, the threat is out there and must be recognized for what it is. Plans of action must be made and discussed. I dare say practice.

Get the men and women who carry and teach the kids and discuss what the threats are and what will be done to deal with them.

In this case we don't have the data of whether this was a church member who was disgruntled, are some outside threat that has no connection to the church. We dont know where the shooting occurred in the church and what opportunities were present to stop the shooter.

In our church, we are LTC and even open carry friendly. Maby of the members carry and a reaction plan has been discussed amongst themselves and the leadership. Engagement zones hace been identified and discussed.

http://abc13.com/multiple-deaths-after-church-shooting-near-san-antonio/2606990/

This tweet was in one of the news blurbs online but there is no official reference"

"Thank you for a quick thinking member of the church that was carrying and able to stop this person before it became worse."
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Wilson County Commissioner Albert Gamez Jr told CNN that at least 27 people have been killed in the shooting, but the death toll is expected to climb.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Evil no longer knows any bounds in this country. And yet the media wants us to believe that we are to rely on the government to protect us. My prayers to the people in that body of believers and their families.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    They are saying a guy walked in and killed 27 and wounded 24
    5969bdae56b03f41a2861b9f9e509ef7.jpg
    ed03969fe57c8b7f21961f6a3d1fead6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    This is why I always carry at church. Churches are becoming targets for multiple types of evil. When Jesus tells you to carry a sword, you carry a sword (or the modern equivalent translation, a firearm.)

I carried my LC9 today because I didn't want to mess with a bigger gun. Because of this, I'll be carrying my Glock 17 to church from now on.....

Praying for all affected.....

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    This tweet was in one of the news blurbs online but there is no official reference"

"Thank you for a quick thinking member of the church that was carrying and able to stop this person before it became worse."

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX

Link?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Getting far too close to home. Thoughts go out to the families.

Church shootings are nothing new to Texas. We have had a few mass shootings at churches previously and many more non-mass shootings. Don't think this is anything new for Texas, because it is not. People just tend to forget far too easily, get complacent...

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    I am being confused by the notion that there was a gun carrier there who may have influenced the outcome and prevented it from becoming worse, yet the shooter apparently reloaded "several times." That doesn't sound like a carrier, but somebody who wasn't carrying and maybe ran out to a vehicle to retrieve a gun...assuming the claim is even true.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I am being confused by the notion that there was a gun carrier there who may have influenced the outcome and prevented it from becoming worse, yet the shooter apparently reloaded "several times." That doesn't sound like a carrier, but somebody who wasn't carrying and maybe ran out to a vehicle to retrieve a gun...assuming the claim is even true.

Agree.

I have some thoughts but I'm going to withhold comment until more facts come out.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Dammit this breaks my heart. Sutherland Springs is less than a hour from me and I have passed thru lots of times. Never did I expect this to happen there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

james.long48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2015
    Aren't places of worship gun free zones? Been awhile since my class so I might be mistaken.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom