• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    That article also states a Halligan bar was available from the beginning, but doesn’t mention whether a sledge or axe was also available, which is kind of necessary when dealing with steel frame doors.

It’s also striking the number of physical locks that apparently failed for this to happen. That olus the whole key debacle leads me to believe the ISD PD didn’t take physical security very seriously which goes back to wholly incompetent.

Uvalde has an apt Fire Department. They could have had door breaching gear there very quickly.

However, I still go back to the fact that there was a wall of windows for the classrooms.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have heard similar reports leaking out of the Abbott’s special legislative committee. Arredondo’s statement to the Tribune, through his lawyer, says

“Each time I tried a key I was just praying,” Arredondo said. Finally, 77 minutes after the massacre began, officers were able to unlock the door and fatally shoot the gunman.

Note what is quoted in that statement and what isn’t. Arredondo’s statement also talks out of both sides of his mouth. On one hand, he’s just another responder and not the IC, and on the other he’s ordering up SWAT from somewhere while or orchestrating the evac. I’ve given him and his department a lot of benefit of the doubt, but the more I come across, the more I leaned towards the ISD PD is/was wholly incompetent.

That's the second time I have read that article. It reads more like it's self-serving and deflection of blame than anything.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I would love to be wrong. I couldn’t read the previous article because of paywall but this article covers the topic and doesn’t make it sound too good.

Almost comes down to two possible scenarios, neither good. Gross incompetence or a conspiracy of a hidden agenda. I sure hope it was just incompetence for everyone's sake.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Uvalde has an apt Fire Department. They could have had door breaching gear there very quickly.

However, I still go back to the fact that there was a wall of windows for the classrooms.
    Exactly. And they were using windows in other classrooms to evacuate children and teachers. Windows are very easy to breach.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    For the first time, it’s reported the door between 111 and 112 is really a jack and jill bathroom
    If a "detail" like the basic architecture of the rooms has been reported incorrectly for this long, that's evidence of a great deal of incompetence after the fact by the reporters, the public agency spokesmen, and everyone else involved.

It may seem like a little thing but it's so basic I can't understand how it wasn't corrected almost immediately.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

Floorplan of the classrooms and the bathroom.

floorplan.jpeg

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Not really, especially under the Obama administration. Didn’t bother the LEOs responding to the Duncanville Fieldhouse man with a gun call this past week.

Steven Willeford didn’t even pause as he engaged, with a rifle, a POS standing between him and his friends inside a church. Barefoot and while taking fire, he put two rounds center of mass.
    You missed the point.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    There is not much verifiable information available to the public yet.

I tend to favor the Texas Tribune timeline page as it sources every statement and, up until recently, has been regularly updated.

There’s been a lot of info leak in the past week with some of it sourced, but not verifiable.

ETA: Express News gives a slightly different version of events and is not sourced. The diagramming is much better. For the first time, it’s reported the door between 111 and 112 is really a jack and jill bathroom. I don’t know how accurate that is, but it certainly changes some things if true.

Thanks.

Express news has paywall.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Uvalde has an apt Fire Department.

Don’t disagree.

However, I still go back to the fact that there was a wall of windows for the classrooms
    Every report I’ve said says rooms 111/112, which is in the main building and not one of the four ‘wings’ that are wall of windows.

Here’s the main building, 111/112 would be on the other side of the hallway. Different windows, entirely.

Your point is not invalid though, it’s a means for entry. The tactical challenge is that once somebody decides ‘barricaded suspect’, the generally accepted tactic is to wait it out and negotiate.

935300fe3f281ad25ab5a279624bbadd.jpg

Given there’s minutes to nearly a quarter hour of delay until LEOs are inside the building and trying to understand the tactical situation, I can understand Arredondo (with nothing but a cell phone) coming to an assessment of barricaded suspect, so get everybody else evacuated and get the resources to deal with a barricaded suspect.

I can understand how he got to that decision, even though it was the wrong one. What I can’t come to terms with is who was the MFWIC? With at least 4 agencies and 19 or more LEOs inside the main building and reports of somebody issuing orders via radio (which could not be Arredondo), that’s a recipe for exactly what happened.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Floorplan of the classrooms and the bathroom.

View attachment 326763

Which is why I made the point about the express-news timeline NOT being sourced/verifiable. The Bice article introduces different variations, to include a stuck key.

I’m not saying there’s fiction being written, but anonymous sources and unverified statements are easy to print.

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Coverup?

What are you talking about? We gots are rights to not tell you nothin!

Top Bottom