• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Kids being shot with every second that goes by.

This has been said a few times in this thread -- maybe all by you, not sure.

Tell me, in that moment, how do you know kids are being shot every second? Do you have x-ray vision to see through the steel door? Did someone distribute reports during the shooting? All you know is that loud noises are happening in a closed room, and that at least some of those loud noises result in bullets coming at you, the LEOs trying to stop the psycho.

Monday-am quarterbacking is not helpful to rational policy-making. You have to check your assumptions. If you can see the killer dropping kids, that's a very different situation then what actually happened.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Doors that open out are easiest breach either with tools or explosives. Most just need a slap tool. Not that ordinary cops have those tools on the belt.

I am puzzled why it took so long to breach door. They could have gone to Home Depot and back to get tools in less than 40 minutes
    I don't know how it's constructed but wouldn't the door hinges be exposed? Unhinge the door and enter?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    This has been said a few times in this thread -- maybe all by you, not sure.

Tell me, in that moment, how do you know kids are being shot every second? Do you have x-ray vision to see through the steel door? Did someone distribute reports during the shooting? All you know is that loud noises are happening in a closed room, and that at least some of those loud noises result in bullets coming at you, the LEOs trying to stop the psycho.

Monday-am quarterbacking is not helpful to rational policy-making. You have to check your assumptions. If you can see the killer dropping kids, that's a very different situation then what actually happened.
    The doctrine has been pretty well established after past incidents. Active shooter in school, LEO's go in without waiting.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It seems like that Active Self Protection video posted earlier in the thread, the one that advises waiting at least 72 hours after a shooting before forming any opinion, was on the nose. Perhaps in this case, the time frame should be even longer.

I dunno.

About anything, probably.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    A former POTUS wasted no time on twitter to comment:

Former President Barack Obama linked the Uvalde shooting to the two-year anniversary of the George Floyd murder. Obama took to Twitter to share the message just after the murder at Robb Elementary School that killed 19 children and two fourth-grade teachers.

“As we grieve the children of Uvalde today, we should take time to recognize that two years have passed since the murder of George Floyd under the knee of a police officer.” Obama tweeted. “His killing stays with us all to this day, especially those who loved him.”

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    The doctrine has been pretty well established after past incidents. Active shooter in school, LEO's go in without waiting.
    Maybe they did and that’s why two officers got shot? I’m only going off that ap article. If new information about the two cops being down let me know, please and thank you.

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    I don't know how it's constructed but wouldn't the door hinges be exposed? Unhinge the door and enter?
    Most doors in school rooms use security hinges that have a tab on one side that engages a hole on the other when the door is closed. Simply removing the pin will not allow the hinge to separate like standard hinges and thus preventing the door from being opened. Due to the chance of an active shooter scenario in our offices where I work, all our exposed hinges for outwardly opening doors have been replaced with these safety hinges.
    71FQ+CxES2L._AC_SY355_.jpg

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Glad I've been sitting this out for awhile. The Tranny pictures are bogus, as with the conspiracy about how he could afford such guns.

Why is it when someone kills using other means than guns, we focus on the intent, yet when guns are involved we focus on the means?

I knew this was going to be used as a platform for gun control, as well as a means for stripping freedom.

This guy planned for quite some time on committing murder. I'm not even sure an elementary school was anything more than happenstance.

To me this isn't about guns, it's about society. There were plenty of signs as to where this was headed, but it's easier to ignore.

The focus in the U.S. has turned from family and community to diversity and perceived mean tweets. Kids today engage online more than they engage with the people around them. I certainly like having technology, but at what cost?

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    It is hard to focus on the facts and reality when you are inundated with the photos of children and grieving parents but this is what the media and politicians use to their advantage to run over people who are hurting.

Remember when they redefined "mass shooting" a few years ago to include any shooting that killed 4 or more people? They also have "school shootings" include gang and drug homicides that take place within a few blocks of a school even if the incidents take place at 2 am, on a weekend or during the summer; even abandoned schools are included.

Now, look at the actual photos of the perps who committed these "mass shootings over the past three years and see how this lines up with the way the media portrays a mass shooter. The image of an angry young white man with right wing affiliations simply does not line up with reality.

Of course, a nation reeling in pain does not want to see this and the media and politicians do not want you to see it too. They want their 15 minutes of fame and the "look what I did" rewards, they do not want reality.

GAVTFx1l.jpg

9y1kbool.jpg

CgXLCi4h.jpg

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Glad I've been sitting this out for awhile. The Tranny pictures are bogus, as with the conspiracy about how he could afford such guns.

Why is it when someone kills using other means than guns, we focus on the intent, yet when guns are involved we focus on the means?

I knew this was going to be used as a platform for gun control, as well as a means for stripping freedom.

This guy planned for quite some time on committing murder. I'm not even sure an elementary school was anything more than happenstance.

To me this isn't about guns, it's about society. There were plenty of signs as to where this was headed, but it's easier to ignore.

The focus in the U.S. has turned from family and community to diversity and perceived mean tweets. Kids today engage online more than they engage with the people around them. I certainly like having technology, but at what cost?
    Yet who allows the kids to use the technology? Parents. Parents are the source of the problem.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Looks like it is about to get real ugly. It s bad when random twitter gives out unferified info, but when the officials do-

BREAKING: Authorities now confirm they are examining the response of police in Uvalde in the shooting of 19 children amid conflicting witness statements, including what steps they took to stop the gunman. Part of the review will include a timeline based on radio traffic.

Officials first said a school officer and the gunman exchanged fire. On Wednesday night, they said they could no longer confirm that initial report. We will stay with this to fully understand what happened.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Looks like it is about to get real ugly. It s bad when random twitter gives out unferified info, but when the officials do-

BREAKING: Authorities now confirm they are examining the response of police in Uvalde in the shooting of 19 children amid conflicting witness statements, including what steps they took to stop the gunman. Part of the review will include a timeline based on radio traffic.

Officials first said a school officer and the gunman exchanged fire. On Wednesday night, they said they could no longer confirm that initial report. We will stay with this to fully understand what happened.
    Some witnesses said it was over 40 minutes between when LEOs got there and when they finally went in.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Some witnesses said it was over 40 minutes between when LEOs got there and when they finally went in.
    I do not think that will be found to be true.

I think we will find the first LEOs went in right away. Later LEOs setup perimeter, secured area for Medical/Careflight locations, etc. Probably exactly as procedure requires.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom