• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Well, you can make a case that everyone on a battlefield is brave to be there. And there are some that are braver than others, but is that what drives a person to go against odds? One can certainly say that fear, at times, can be the driving force. The one that gets angry when someone they care for is threatened, wounded or killed and decides to do something about it, is that bravery or compassion?
    I think in some instances, it may be both bravery and compassion. That both are used to overcome fear to do what needs to be done.
    Gun Zone Deals

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It's hard to define bravery. What's bravery to one is foolishness to another. You can tell yourself to be brave, but those that act out of impulse aren't always thinking "what's the brave thing to do?". It's, IMO, an instinctive response out of compulsion to survival or compassion.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    It's hard to define bravery. What's bravery to one is foolishness to another. You can tell yourself to be brave, but those that act out of impulse aren't always thinking "what's the brave thing to do?". It's, IMO, an instinctive response out of compulsion to survival or compassion.

I think you're confusing bravery with wisdom. Just because it might not be the right thing to do doesn't mean that the person doing it isn't brave....just slightly off with tactics.

To quote Theodore Roosevelt..."In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing."

In that same vein, we can look to the actions of another brave man....

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I think you're confusing bravery with wisdom. Just because it might not be the right thing to do doesn't mean that the person doing it isn't brave....just slightly off with tactics.
    I wasn't really making an argument on whether a person is brave or not. More that it is usually determined after the fact that one is deemed brave. And while wisdom might help in determining your actions, what we may consider brave may not be the wisest direction one takes.

As to @toddnjoyce: There are different degrees of bravery. If you aren't running away in fear under fire, they're either too scared to move or they've overcome enough fear to act. Which can also be considered brave enough.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    I looked it up, country with most school related shootings/killings, excluding the terrorist attacks in Ru and Afgan.
    Guess who?
    CHINA!!!!

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Actually it is valid and correct. Actual event and stats available if you look. Even total US killings from the 1700s.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I was told I had to watch our active shooter policy/ education video today. It is a ~10 minute video with a scenario set in a hospital. At the end we are to read the policy. The stupid file is not even an active shooter policy. It's a policy about how to CREATE an active shooter policy.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Arredondo no show’d his second straight council meeting yesterday. One strike left. The next regular council meeting is July 12th. The Council has been cancelling the regular meetings and rescheduling it for two days later. We’ll see if that happens again.

Last edited:

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Arredondo no show’d his second straight council meeting yesterday. One strike left.

Shame they can't just vote to remove him, or no-confidence him or censure even if he shows back up.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Arredondo no show’d his second straight council meeting yesterday. One strike left. The next regular council meeting is July 12th. The Council has been cancelling the regular meetings and rescheduling it for two days later. We’ll see if that happens again.

He's already exceeded the absence limit. The Council is just being a bunch of cowards. Maybe they should hold their next meeting outside of the school....

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    He stepped down from his council seat.

Top Bottom