Any more info?
    When you say game changer, this comes to mind

9d86911f5e208ada060d259248be6fc5.jpg

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    Nice concept considering that most AR10 platforms aren't interchangeable but I've owned some Adams Arms products in the past. With that being said I definitely wont be replacing my SR762 or LWRC R.E.P.R. with it.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    The entry level will be around 1200. The one I shot in the video is about 1600. The gun in the video weighs 7.8 pounds with no optic (and then that Mark 8 is another couple pounds).

You can have the SR762 and I am replacing my LWRC REPR with it. I pre-ordered one the day they announced.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I am fortunate enough to be able to buy whatever I want, and still have the ability to replace it when something better comes along. I am not hung up on any particular brand...hell, I'm brand-agnostic to a fault...and tend to wear out guns rather than keep them new in the box. I shoot a bit, here and there. That said...

I replaced my REPR with a PWS years ago (and I am LWRC dealer; I sell a lot of them). Of course, before that I swapped my personal POF for the LWRC (and I'm a POF dealer too, although they don't sell well). And...after working with one of the prototype Adams Arms piston 308 this past weekend...I ordered one for my personal collection.

Eight (EIGHT) pounds. Piston. $1,600 with a real free float and a AR Gold trigger. EIGHT pounds. For those who think bathroom scales are accurate enough to figure rifle weights, please skip a bit because you don't understand the concepts of "weight" or "accurate"... :D I am very pleased when I tune and cut a gas 308 down to eight pounds, 3-6 ounces. Under 9 at all is quite nice. My usual .223 configurations, for reference, are 6 pounds 2 ounces without optics. The gas gun I used to take 5th at Fallen Brethren this past weekend is a bit heavy but points well enough to deal with at eight pounds two ounces with a Leupold Mk6 1-6 and a Burris Fastfire III. I like light guns. Light guns are fast. Light guns without silly pencil barrels are accurate without or without silencers, shot fast and fun (close or far), and slow and boring. Personally, I find that Knight are crazy expensive, heavy as a sack full of pigs, and tend not to work for shit when actually shot (instead of fondled by masturbating fanbois in mummy's basement, surrounded by Counterstrike posters and Marcinko books). The POF 308 is a tall, fat ugly pig. The LWRC REPR is a wide, fat piggie pig pig. The PWS 308 is...well, until the Adams Arms was the lightest (working) 308 piston gun I had found.

Until now.

Plus, the bolt face looks like a smiley and that amused me :)

I have one on order. Right now, you can pick your serial number out of the first five hundred. These are small frame 308...the lowers are the same as the new DPMS Gen2 308, although the uppers are proprietary. Yesterday, I spent way too much time talking with the guy who designed it. Nice guy, great gun, decent price.

This isn't the old Adams Arms. These guys are...good guys, building nice stuff.

Alex

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I donno, still prefer my LE901. Heavy is better with full power cartridges and the caliber conversions puts it over the top for me.

If AA goes too light it will be punishing, my .308 Steyr Scout is no fun at all to shoot due to its light weight.

That still looks like a neat little gun though.

Last edited:

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Glad to see new products.
    I'll stick with my ~28lb RRA LAR8 though.
    How would I get a good bicep workout with a light gun?

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I donno, still prefer my LE901. Heavy is better with full power cartridges and the caliber conversions puts it over the top for me.

If AA goes too light it will be punishing, my .308 Steyr Scout is no fun at all to shoot due to its light weight.

That still looks like a neat little gun though.

This gun was fun to shoot. The recoil is the same if not less than a much heavier gun.

What I'm getting.
    From the magwell back, its an AR15.
    LPK is milspec, buffer tube too.

Exactly. 57% of the parts are just standard AR15 parts. Everything you mentioned and also the handguard.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Thanks for sharing Kurt and nice review! A lot to think about. I've recently been bit the "try and buy lighter" bug. If you truly plan to use your gear anywhere but a bench, lighter makes a lot of sense (as long as you don't sacrifice other things like accuracy).

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Thanks for sharing Kurt and nice review! A lot to think about. I've recently been bit the "try and buy lighter" bug. If you truly plan to use your gear anywhere but a bench, lighter makes a lot of sense (as long as you don't sacrifice other things like accuracy).

Adams Arms and VooDoo Innovations (AA's sister company) have an unconditional lifetime guarantee on everything Scott.. Including the barrels.. 1MOA for life.. If you ever get less than 1MOA then send it back and they will replace it (no matter how many rounds you have put through it). Now before you go out and try to shoot out a barrel, I have a team mate who has over 60k rounds through an 18" 5.56 gun that is still shooting between .5 and .7 MOA. The .308 barrels will be just as good.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Adams Arms and VooDoo Innovations (AA's sister company) have an unconditional lifetime guarantee on everything Scott.. Including the barrels.. 1MOA for life.. If you ever get less than 1MOA then send it back and they will replace it (no matter how many rounds you have put through it). Now before you go out and try to shoot out a barrel, I have a team mate who has over 60k rounds through an 18" 5.56 gun that is still shooting between .5 and .7 MOA. The .308 barrels will be just as good.
    That's cool. Got both AA and Huldra. What if I can't shoot 1moa?

Great at products and great companies.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    What I'm getting.
    From the magwell back, its an AR15.
    LPK is milspec, buffer tube too.
    Interesting... thanks

I've recently been bit the "try and buy lighter" bug.
    I love a lightweight gun. The lighter the better... 8lbs is pretty darn light for what it is. They should lose the piston and make it even lighter ;)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom