Added some goodies to my AR

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by ebk06, Aug 10, 2009.

1. ebk06

ebk06 Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Austin
    I posted a few months back when I bought my Bushmaster. Well I finally shot it this last weekend after I put a few upgrades to it. The handguard, front sight, low profile gas block are all Yankee Hill Machine.

The handguard is a bit heavy bit I got one hell of a deal on the setup and couldnt pass it up. Plus I will never use the gun in combat or patrol so its not a big concern of mine. The light is a solarforce which was cheap and works extremely well and is rated at 300 lumens and has like 6 modes.

I still have more plans but Im doing little by little. Next I think Ill be changing stocks to a magpul and getting a new grip and making it more left handed friendly with a mag release and ambi safety switch......then hopefully an eotech and magnifier. :happy0001:

Before:
    ar-2.gif

After:
    new-1.jpg

new-2.gif

new-3.gif

2. baboon

baboon Well-Known

I had YHM on an AR pistol I had good stuff. I like the weight fore ward on my whisper.

3. Okierifleman

Okierifleman Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I have 3 or 4 AR's built with YHM lowers, handguards, and sights and have been very pleased with them.

4. Geri @ Cope's

Geri @ Cope's Active Member Forum Sponsor

Aug 5, 2009
    Ohio
    Good Looking Gun...

How did she shoot for ya?

5. ebk06

ebk06 Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Austin
    Pretty well actually. I have a pic of my first six shots when I was sighting it I'll post when i get home. After reading some many negatives about bushmasters I thought the trigger and accuracy was on par. Even my fiancée put about 30 rounds through it and was really accurate.

6. ebk06

ebk06 Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Austin
    Ok my first 8 shots. The one on the far right was...i dont know lol. It must have been horrible shot or I was aiming at one of the smaller diamonds.

reds8809-2.jpg

7. roman

roman Active Member

Mar 29, 2009
    I have a Wilson UT-15 and only added an Eotech. Never a jam and accurate out of the box.

8. jroberts1968

jroberts1968 Member

May 19, 2009
    Denton, TX
    Hey I have some of them same goodies

9. cnl390

cnl390 Active Member

May 27, 2009
    You should be very happy with an Eotech. What distances will you be shooting at? Unless you are getting "old guy eyes" like me, or are shooting really long range you might not need to spend the bucks on a magnifier. I probably shot over 30 hogs (all head shots) with my unmagnified Eotech. The longest being 209 yards.