• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsbcats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Kingwood
    Well I decided to see if I could change the trigger and hammer out on my rock. Went pretty good except I'm not sure I like how the trigger looks. Will probably get a different one now that I know I can do it. I also tried changing the sear, but couldn't get the thumb safty back in with the new one. Will need to work on that one some. Here is a before and after. Sorry for the quality on the after pic. Didn't have time to mess with my camera last night so used my phone.

jsbcats-albums-1911-picture487-img-0746.jpg

jsbcats-albums-1911-picture509-photo-0003.jpg
    Target Sports

jsbcats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Kingwood
    Nice looking Rock.

Did you change the grip safety?

If not does that hammer function OK with the standard GS?

Mike45

The trigger and hammer are Wilson Combat. Those are the only parts I've changed so far and everything appears to be working properly. I have only dry fired it so far, but plan on having it at the range this weekend so I'll post another report at that time.

Mike45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    The Bayou City
    The trigger and hammer are Wilson Combat. Those are the only parts I've changed so far and everything appears to be working properly. I have only dry fired it so far, but plan on having it at the range this weekend so I'll post another report at that time.

Thanks jsbcats.

I want to build a Rock GI and want to use a ring hammer but I do not want to use a beavertail GS.

Let me know how it goes.

Mike45

jsbcats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Kingwood
    Ok, got out today and shot it with the new parts. Everything worked perfectly, although when the slide goes back, the hammer does touch the grip saftey. When it slides back with the hammer cocked, the hammer rises off the safety. Everything still worked without any issues.

drj3828

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Grimes County, TX
    I have a RIA 1911 in 38 super that I added a new hammer, grip safety and trigger. I used Wilson's drop in parts and had no problems putting them in or with function. Now I am working on replacing the sights with some triple white dot kind.

Top Bottom