• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Randy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Austin
    Walther P22

My wife absolutely loves her Walther P22. If not for that gun I probably would not be able to collect and shoot as much as I do. I also have a Fratelli Tanfoglio FIE Model E15 .22 LR revolver, however I need to buy a new cylinder for it. It fires but the empty cartridges remain stuck in the cylinder. I have to physically force them out, hopefully I can find a new cylinder for it.
    Capitol Armory ad

Nodena Ranger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Downtown Nodena-NE Texas
    That is a lot of 22's Hoji.....You obviously live somewhere you can shoot often. That's cool...What are you shooting at? Just plinking at those bowling pins or are you a target shooter? I might shoot a thousand or two a year and thought that was quite a lot. Golf balls hanging from nylon cords are fun and they last a pretty good while if you don't start shooting them with 'big bullets'.

mpolk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Waco, Texas
    I have a Winchester Model 94 22 mag and a Marlin model 60 22 LR. Love shooting them. Thinking about getting a Sig Mosquito too.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    That is a lot of 22's Hoji.....You obviously live somewhere you can shoot often. That's cool...What are you shooting at? Just plinking at those bowling pins or are you a target shooter? I might shoot a thousand or two a year and thought that was quite a lot. Golf balls hanging from nylon cords are fun and they last a pretty good while if you don't start shooting them with 'big bullets'.

I shoot at Lone Star Gun Range. It is only a 10 minute drive from my house, and it is only $65.00 a year to shoot there. I shoot my Mark II pistold at paper targets from 10 -50 yards{ closer if I am practicing moving and multiple target drills} and will shoot bowling pins at 100 with them. My 10/22 beater gets shot at 50-100{ usually clay pigeons at 100 ., set up on the berm} and I probably have 250,000 rounds through it.

I have two 10/22 target models{ one blue, one stainless} that see a lot of 100+ yard shooting at steel plates{ or the occasional rabbit at 100}

I also shoot a lot of bigger calibers, but with the recent hike in ammo prices{no more Blazer 9mm for 3.83 at Academy} I spend a lot more time with the double deuces.

And I have done the golf ball on a string thing too. Lots of fun. Try breaking thrown clays with a MKII pistol sometime, once you get the timing right you will AMAZE your friends.{ Just be sure you have enough land to avoid the bullet travelling somewhere that will get you into trouble. I use .22 standard or shot when doing this trick, and then only do it when I am WAYYYY out in the sticks.}

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Each of my range sessions begin with at least 50 rounds with my Ruger Mark II. It is an absolute tack driver and shoots far better than I do. I have been acquiring more 22's as of late (along with others). I find shooting 22 caliber very satisfying and helps with marksmanship skills.

Enron Exec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Behind 16 rnds of 9x19mm
    I too have to admit i love shooting 22lr. This is my fav setup, G19 w/ AA 22 kit, Gemtech adapter and Outback II. It cycles the $15 550rnd Rem Golden Bullet bulk packs at 99.5% and is a tack driver, im just not. lol
    werd.JPG

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    favorite

I have owned and shot many 22s over the years. I still have my alltime favorite, a mauser sportsmodell trainer with the full stock and 200 mtr ladder sight that will out shoot most of my other rifles.this rifle dates from th e 40's and is postwar production.

Aztlan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    San Antonio
    22 are Cool

I'm 53 years young and love 22,

Beretta U22 Neos 6"
    Feather AT-22
    Ruger 10/22
    Remington 581 Bolt Action
    Sears Single Shot Bolt Action
    Stevens Single Shot Bolt Action

CJS3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Katy
    What's age got to do with it?

Love that Henry Golden Boy! My Grandson already told me he wants it after I get tired of it.

ErikE

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Katy, Tx
    I'm 61 and I have been shooting since I was 6. My father bought me a Remington 41T single shot bolt action I still shoot it. I taught all three of my kids, a girl and two boys, how to shoot with it when they were 10. But becourse it have been through four kids it's not in the best looking shape but it still shoots good. My favorite gun is the Winchester 94 manfactured in 1954 that my fauther gave me when he first took me hunting when I was 16. Got a deer with it that first time and have never hunted deer with anything else. It looks pretty rough too but it still is right on at up to 200 yards. By the way I use the iorn sights it came with.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    My favorite gun is the Winchester 94 manfactured in 1954 that my fauther gave me when he first took me hunting when I was 16. Got a deer with it that first time and have never hunted deer with anything else. It looks pretty rough too but it still is right on at up to 200 yards. By the way I use the iorn sights it came with.

200 yards with iron sights and a 20" barrel, you got that Kentucky windage down pat! That's some good shootin!

ErikE

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Katy, Tx
    As far as shooting 22lr I do that a lot. I counted up last night and I have 12 22lr pistols, Buckmarks, Rugers, S&W, Beritta, Colt, and SIG Hammerly. I also have 14 22lr rifles, Remington, Winchester, Ruger, Henry, Marlin, and my newest a GSG-5. I tend to shoot CCI standard velocity or CCI Blazors as I have less problems with them than anyother of the cheep brands.

Top Bottom