• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    My absolutely most fun handgun is a Beretta Model 70S in .22. A fine sweet shooting piece. That it also happened to be very popular with the Mossad adds character.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    After thinkinga bout all the money I've spent on ammo this last year, I'd never give anyone a hard time for for shooting .22's.

dmac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    I bought my first gun on my 21st birthday: a Ruger Blackhawk .44 mag...What an idiot! Since then I have aquired around 30 guns, but no .22's...What an idiot! I was 38 before I bought my first .22. What an idiot! you get the point

rrent

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    I (and most likely most) started out shooting .22's ---my son now 16 sarted out shooting .22's ----we always take at least one to the range

ErikE

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Katy, Tx
    I've heard a lot about how great thr Ruger 10/22 is so I bought one. Now either I have a lemon or the Ruger 10/22 !@#$%. I took it ti the range sunday and had the following problems.
    1. I shot CCI Blazor and Federal WallyWorld bulk pack and using the factory clip I had at least one feed jam or eject jam, spend hull not total ejected, or more on every clip. I also bought a 20 round after market clip and it did slightly better but not much.
    2. When the cocking lever is all the way back and held in place by the "cocking bolt" I have to fiddle with it and the bolt release thing to get the bolt to release and load a cartrage. I finialy got to where if I released both the cocking lever and bolt release lever at the same time about half the time it would load.
    3. I also had about 1 misfire every 20 rounds. When I looked at the end of the cartrage ther was no indentation on it and I heard and felt the fireingpin fire. I loaded several of the "missfires" in my Buckmark and they all fired fine.
    4. When the last round was fired in either clip the breach would not stay open, i.e., the bolt would go forward and cock the gun.
    Are these kinds of problems common with the 10/22 or did I get a lemon. As of right now considering my experience with the 10/22 I can't say I'm favoribly empressed with it at all. Any suggestions?

Nodena Ranger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Downtown Nodena-NE Texas
    A Ruger 10/22 testimonial......Granted, it's not the fanciest 22 in the gun room but it is a very reliable 'cheap' rifle that be treated like you don't give a crap. The first one I owned was around 1994 and still to this day has preformed flawlessly since bringing it home. It's completely stock with a 4 power Simmons mounted to it. I personally have had no expierence with aftermarket parts or mags but have heard of people having problems with aftermarket mags. I'm almost ashamed to say it has spent most of it's life in a gun scabbard attached to a Honda 4 wheeler and has never been taken down and cleaned. Not cleaning a firearm is something I wouldn't recommend but since it's not a 'life or death' weapon, it makes little difference to me. When it quits going pow...it comes apart. Eric...Lemon I would assume.

wheels

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I just sold my Ruger .22 mark iii. Great gun! I traded it for a S&W 617 revolver. I traded it because the ruger would eject the shells so hard they would bounce off the wall at my range and hit me. (yes they are hot!) So I figured I would get a good revolver for practice. I love my s&w and love to shoot .22.

ErikE

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Katy, Tx
    Contacted Ruger and sent them the 10/22. Was gone about two months. Took it to the range and it worked a lot better than before. Was using a Butler Creek 30 round magazine and had a few ftf's and fte's shooting an entire brick of Wally World Federal 550's. Much improved. But IMO not as reliable or accurate as either of my Remington 597's.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I love my Rem 597 mmmmm
    it is a sweet little shooter.
    effortless 10 rings out to 50 yards off hand iron sights.
    love love love it.

Top Bottom