• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    OH YEAH! I loved that gun with a passion I could kill rabbits and what not way passed my friends without scopes on their rifles. Now I couldn't shoot against my buddies Marlin but it had a 3x9 scope on it. uhhhh. I miss that rifle.
    Texas SOT

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    My 1st rifle was a used single shot Remington 22 that shot high to the right. I had to learn how to shoot low to the left, mentally adjusting for distance. I got pretty good at it but it took a while to unlearn with my next rifle/shotgun, which was a 22/410 over and under.

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    I've been shooting a Savage 93r17 in 17hmr. Great fun. I can put everyshot in the bullseye @ 100 yards. Cost around twenty cents a shot.

drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    I'm not really what most of you would call and adult, but I got a Savage Mark II about a week ago and I've already put about 300 rounds through it. Amazing accuracy and cheap! I can literally shoot all day and spend $10-15. I'm thinking about a scope and maybe a bipod to really get serious with target shooting.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    pushing 40 here and the 22 is one of my favorite rounds
    have a few of them and push around 2,000 rounds a year through them

My favorite is the Henry lever and the colt new frontier

ErikE

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Katy, Tx
    Remingtom 597 VTR

Bought a second 10/22 for $50 at a paw shop (ps10/22). On Sunday, 10-18-09 took it along with my original 10/22 (WW10/22) to the range and shot a 50 round box each of CCI Blazors, Winchester Super-X, and Remington Yellow Jackets using the Butler Creek 30 round mags. Both rifles shot about the same. Had a few FTF’s, FTE’s, and FTFire’s with both rifles but nothing like I had when I first got the WW10/22.

On Saturday 10-24-2009 bought a brand new Remington 597 VTR. Cost $350 plus The Governor’s fee. Also got a Remington 30 round magazine for it. The next day at the range shot a 50 round box each of CCI Blazors, Winchester Super-X, and Remington Yellow Jackets and had only one FTFire. The end of the cartridge showed a solid primer strike so IMO it was a dud round. Put a BSA Tactical 4X32 scope on it and offhand in windy rainy conditions at 50 yards kept most shots within about a 3 to 3 ½ inch circle after I got the rifle/scope on paper. Had a blast. The 10/22’s a fun but I still prefer my 597’s.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I'm 46 and of all my guns my favorite is my Remington Nylon 66. It's just an extremely accurate, fun gun to shoot. Given a choice, I'll pick it up first and last when laying out all my firearms.

Acetone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    El Paso
    I always thought the Ruger Mark III would be a cool gun to own until I saw the videos of disassembly and reassembly. When returning from the gun range I have enough guns to clean as it is. Life is way too short to go through all that.
    Ruger MK III owners are they really that much trouble to disassemble and reassemble?
    [URL="http://www.ruger.com/products/markIIICompetition/extras.html"][url]http://www.ruger.com/products/markIIICompetition/extras.html[/URL][/URL]

They are a pain in the ass to dis/assemble. I did it once. When it stops working due to filth, I will clean it, but not a second sooner. The is a spot in the manual where it actually says if a pin won't come out, use a hammer. They had the engineering sense to recognize that a problem might need a hammer, but didn't fix it. It is a sweet shooter though.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    Another wonderful piece of intenet gun BS.

Yes, the MkII Ruger is not easy to re-assemble....for the person that just bought it. However, once you have done it a few times, it becomes much easier.

I used to cuss putting my 22-45 back together (taking one apart takes seconds and I have NEVER wanted a hammer...where'd they get that nonsense?). However, the few first times I took it apart, I referred back to the manual and got it back together just fine. Nowdays...10 years later...its not daunting in the least.

Sure, its no 1911 to put back but its not as hard as eveyone makes it seem. if you're halfway mechanical and can do things like change your own oil in your car...you will NOT find this hard. However, if you canot swing a hammer and don't know what channel locks are...you might be in for a slight hassle.

Sorry, but this is so overblown on the web, its silly. True, its slightly involved but totally worht it, when you consider what a great shooter the Ruger 22 autopistols truly are. If you ask me, they are probably the best things Ruger has ever made.

- brickboy240

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I shoot my .22 glock and ar-15 w/ .22 upper on it all the time. Ususally with suppressors on them.

Top Bottom