Capitol Armory ad

Advice on problems with a vehicle purchase...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I recently purchased a Harley Electra Glide and, wouldn't you know it; the dealership files bankruptcy 2 weeks later. They didn't file my transfer of title, so I have neither title, nor plates.

I know that I can get a temporary plate for $25, and I can request a bonded title hearing for a new title. I'm filing a complaint with TXDOT. Does anyone know what the bonded title hearing entails and what it might cost?

Also, is there any action I an take against the dealer to recover costs, or just make myself feel better for jerking me around?
    Guns International

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    You might try to find out who holds their floorplan. Did you finance it? If you did, your lender will be interested in epediting the title. If not.......not sure what to say.

I doubt they owned their inventory. Is there anyone with the dealer you can still talk to or did they close the doors and go into hiding.

If the bike was in their floorplan, and it was never paid off (lot's of dealers of all kinds try to float as long as they can without getting caught by their lender), they are out of trust, and the money may gone to something else if they filed already. If they paid it off, you're lucky.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    You might try to find out who holds their floorplan. Did you finance it? If you did, your lender will be interested in epediting the title. If not.......not sure what to say.

I doubt they owned their inventory. Is there anyone with the dealer you can still talk to or did they close the doors and go into hiding.

If the bike was in their floorplan, and it was never paid off (lot's of dealers of all kinds try to float as long as they can without getting caught by their lender), they are out of trust, and the money may gone to something else if they filed already. If they paid it off, you're lucky.

I paid cash, signed the App for Certificate of Title, etc. The dealer told me he was selling the bike for a friend, but I'm quite sure he was lying. I'm just concerned about a knock at the door from someone claiming ownership of this bike after I've paid for it.

I'm going to the courthouse tomorrow to get the temporary tag extended. While there, I have to inquire about the bonded title hearing, because I have no idea what that is. Personally, I'd like to hunt down the sales guy and give him an atomic wedgie until he coughs up my plates, but I'm not like that.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    just attempting to lighten the mood, and gee, if I really was going to beat him about the head profusley with MY favorite hammer (that was stolen two days ago) would I really announce it on the internet?

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    I paid cash, signed the App for Certificate of Title, etc. The dealer told me he was selling the bike for a friend, but I'm quite sure he was lying. I'm just concerned about a knock at the door from someone claiming ownership of this bike after I've paid for it.

I'm going to the courthouse tomorrow to get the temporary tag extended. While there, I have to inquire about the bonded title hearing, because I have no idea what that is. Personally, I'd like to hunt down the sales guy and give him an atomic wedgie until he coughs up my plates, but I'm not like that.

That sucks! Posession is 9/10th of the law so if you have the bill of sale, then I would assume you have some right. Of course I'm not a lawyer so take that for what it's worth. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom