!!!ADVISE NEEDED!!!

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by bbsde2528, Nov 9, 2017.

1. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Nice to hear. How about pics when you get it back.......

sent by an idjit coffeeholic

2. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Glad it is working out for you.

3. vmax

vmax TGT Addict

Apr 15, 2013
    I never thought you'd get it back, good news

4. Texasjack

Texasjack TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    What lessons have we learned?

1. There is no shortage of greedy, slimy, thieving people in this world. The vast majority of people are not that way, but the bad ones more than make up for their numbers by the hurt they inflict.
    2. As Ronald Reagan used to say, "Trust, but verify." ALL contracts - no matter how small - must be written. Check out the people you deal with before money exchanges hands. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. If the situation makes you nervous, trust your instincts - most of the time they will be right.
    3. Pawn shops are in business to make money, not to be a convenience for you. Never try to pawn something that would hurt if you lose it forever.

5. Nate C

Nate C Active Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    Additional lesson: some things just should not be put up for sale. Period.

Jack Ryan and vmax like this.
  6. Msmith329

Msmith329 New Member

Dec 26, 2017
    Copperas Cove
    I'm sorry this happened. I'd be likely to agree, this is not steeling/theft. I'd encourage you to talk to your son and explain the situation to him. I'm surprised that the pawn shop doesn't have a name that you could try to reach out to and ask for help. I would want to help if someone contacted me about something like this that I had purchased. Good luck.

7. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Msmith,
    The matter evidently has been resolved in a positive way.

Msmith329 likes this.
  8. Wiliamr

Wiliamr Active Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Was this gun YOURS to pawn, or your stepsons, by heir-ship? Did you have the fiduciary right to pawn it in your name for him? Did you obtain his consent before you pawned it?

Jack Ryan likes this.
  9. V-Tach

V-Tach Well-Known Forum Sponsor

Sep 30, 2012
    Rockport
    I hope she has regained possession....but she hasn't posted that she actually has....

10. skfullen

skfullen In the woods... TGT Supporter

Oct 14, 2017
    Houston
    I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I followed this as it unfolded and wondered how it worked out.

I don't understand the mindset of pawning things. I've hurt for money many times in my life and always found it easier to do without certain things or work longer hours.

Then again I had an aunt who pawned a rented bigscreen television! By the time the rental company figured out what happened she had moved two towns over!

Jack Ryan likes this.