• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    Generally, while at work what I snack on is carrots, sugar snap peas, celery, sour apples, strawberries, pineapple, bananas and occasionally peanuts, granola bars and little cups of juice from the various ERs that I visit.
    I limit meals to the healthier options at Subway on wheat bread(usually a 6" but sometimes if I'm really hungry I'll get a 12" but that is pretty rare), grilled chicken salads from Whataburger or Chic-fil-A with the low/no fat dressings and when I want to treat myself I get a small burrito from Freebird's on a wheat tortilla.

My eating habits have changed DRASTICALLY(especially when at work) and I'm drinking so much water that in a shift I'm probably peeing close to 8 times in 12 hours.

At home I like to grill as much as possible and have really taken a liking to grilled veggies.
    I never ate asparagus as as child but I'm thankful that as an adult I have developed a taste for it.
    Grilled fish....pretty hard to beat IMO.

As far as exercise I'm running every other day with an app on my phone that is supposed to help you build your endurance little by little and have you running a 5k(at your own pace) by the end of nine weeks. The app doesn't care how fast your moving as long as you ARE moving.
    I like it pretty good. The only problem is that my schedule has been pretty jacked up and I keep getting off track and having to start over on week one because I miss days.
    For anyone interested its called "Get Running". The Nike+ running app is good too to keep track of time and distance.
    I don't put much weight(no pun intended) in the amount of calories the Nike+ app says you burn on a run because I feel that is on a person to person basic since everyones body is different and our bodies respond to exertion differently.
    Hopefully with my new schedule, going from night back to days, I can get on a more regular rhythm.

I may just try to keep up with what I've got going on now sans the Advocare.
    If I can maintain a proper diet and keep the motivation to keep running I think I'll be ok.
    I may start buying the SlimFast just so I'll have something in the mornings since I'm so bad at waking up early enough to fix myself anything.
    Gun Zone Deals

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Save your cash and try this for 24 days.
    Lean meats and fresh veggies. No grains, starches, sugars, or dairy.
    Lots of water.

Of you can't eat it raw or cook it with a stick over a fire
    , pass it up.

It's hard. I've tried it a couple times but have too much stress and can't stick with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Magic.

hot dogs are a lean meat?

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Gosh, Why is there this notion that drinking water to excess is good for you. I mean, most healthy people aren't going to drink enough to hurt themselves. . . . your just going to pee a lot.There are medical conditions where it will hurt you.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Gosh, Why is there this notion that drinking water to excess is good for you. I mean, most healthy people aren't going to drink enough to hurt themselves. . . . your just going to pee a lot.There are medical conditions where it will hurt you.

I don't get it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Magic.

Top Bottom