• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I'd be into their ambi lower but at that price point for a forged, it's a rip. I was lucky enough to get some billet ambi's from joe bobs on black friday for just a little more than AP. AP does make decent stuff though. I own both the uppers and lowers. not totally sure I'd pay $65 for a blem though. seems like prices are coming down on non-blems from other mfg's.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    so what are these? the ad says nothing about blem and the base price is lower than AP's website

I ordered a couple for sample testing purposes. Plus these have the M4 cuts, which is important to me. Some if the uppers on AP say they don't have the cuts.

Last edited:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    sample "observation" purposes. visual test. seems too cheap to believe. if they're nice, I will order more as needed :)

I see.

I've watched and hem hawed over an AP lower for a little bit. But saw the price this morning and decided to bite. Normally the blem lowers are $70something. I've got another receiver set I'd like to pick up. Figure it won't hurt to grab lowers when I can. Granted paying an incoming FFL each time is kind of sickening, especially when they charge highway robbery rates. But I'm not auctioning a kidney in 2016 when the market goes looney again.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    I see.

I've watched and hem hawed over an AP lower for a little bit. But saw the price this morning and decided to bite. Normally the blem lowers are $70something. I've got another receiver set I'd like to pick up. Figure it won't hurt to grab lowers when I can. Granted paying an incoming FFL each time is kind of sickening, especially when they charge highway robbery rates. But I'm not auctioning a kidney in 2016 when the market goes looney again.

agree on the lowers. if you're looking for 1, gun show is the best bet in a lot of cases if you pay excessive FFL fees. At the show, it's no fees just add sales tax.. ordering online get 3, stick em in the safe, and find an FFL who doesn't charge more than $10 per receiver ish.

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I ordered a kit from Palmetto State Armory for $150. Blem lower, PTAC kit (they say you need to polish the trigger in this kit) and Magpul stock, handgrip, etc included. Hard to build a lower for $150. Add $10 transfer fee to get to $160. I looked all over, and I could not find any sort of blemish on that lower. I spent around $250 for my other kits buying the Magpul stuff separately. I plan to buy more if they have them on sale for that price again.

FYI, I have built a couple lowers using Aero (not blems) and they work great. I used DD LPK on those builds. I would buy again for the right price.

Others I have spoken with have similar comments on the blem lowers (at least with Palmetto and another which I can't remember who made it). Others have had my experience: very hard to figure out what the blem is. Never seen any Aero blem lowers though.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Ive built a couple of guns off of them and they are IMO the best cheap lower out there. Only other forged Id buy and have is the noveske gen 2 because I like the magwell and the integrated trigger guard. I got their special edition PEW lower a couple weeks back for a 6.8 SBR build
    AR15 Stripped Lower Receiver
    Just ordered this one as well
    AR15 Stripped Lower Receiver
    Theyre too funny not to add to the collection don't know what Ill do with the ghost gun but it would be a good ironic SBR build lower with the FCG position labels :)

Top Bottom