Target Sports

After years of "gonna", finally pulled the trigger!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    For years, I've dreamed of the day that I could afford the kind of car that I could keep parked most of the time, taking it out only to go cruising in, or maybe take a niche vacation trip. Well, the day finally came - and we're heading up to do a full on inspection of this '58 Chevy Delray w/a tasteful (to me, at least) restomod an' 468 ci BB....if it all checks out, we'll bring it back with us on our return trip to Oklahoma next Sunday.

Engine2.jpg
    Front top.jpg
    Left side.jpg
    Texas SOT

Attachments

• Engine2.jpg
      Engine2.jpg
      122.3 KB · Views: 1,057
    • Front top.jpg
      Front top.jpg
      99.8 KB · Views: 1,064
    • Left side.jpg
      Left side.jpg
      55.2 KB · Views: 1,049

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Form the glamour shots, it looks like it was well done. With that motor, what's in the rest of the driveline?

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Thanks! Got another gear-head gonna meet us there to look it over - don't want to miss something because it's a "always wanted" blindness....lol But the guy that has it seems solid - we'll see!
    Smart idea, bring in a disinterested person who only looks at the car. I did that for a guy wanting to buy a 54 Corvette up in Dallas, he lived in upstate NY. I went over and looked at it and called him...at the end of the conversation, he asked if I thought he could drive it back to NY. It was a rough car lot of stuff wrong, broke etc... I said yes I think it will make the trip. He flew the next day, bought it and drove back. He took it easy and spent a week driving back with his wife and called me to thank me for the honest assessment.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    For years, I've dreamed of the day that I could afford the kind of car that I could keep parked most of the time, taking it out only to go cruising in, or maybe take a niche vacation trip. Well, the day finally came - and we're heading up to do a full on inspection of this '58 Chevy Delray w/a tasteful (to me, at least) restomod an' 468 ci BB....if it all checks out, we'll bring it back with us on our return trip to Oklahoma next Sunday.

View attachment 192480 View attachment 192481 View attachment 192482
    Congrats on the new purchase.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    hope he is not stuck on the side of the road its Monday and no report yet

Top Bottom