Texas SOT

After years of "gonna", finally pulled the trigger!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Congrats. Nice looking '58. Makes me miss my '63 Impala convertible.

I hear ya.....it's been a LOT of years since I had a thumper....here's my last one - a '67 Galaxie that would pass anything but a gas station (6 mpg).
    '67 Galaxie.jpg

Attachments

• '67 Galaxie.jpg
      '67 Galaxie.jpg
      73.5 KB · Views: 422

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I have a history of big displacement, and high performance engines and can offer a few suggestions:
    These new cars are built for speed. My little Toyota Corolla will be doing 85 unless I stay alert. The darn things are built to run! The car you bought is of a different breed.

Keep your speed down around 55 or 60, the gas mileage will be much better with noise and vibration at much more comfortable levels, too.

I'll never forget the trip a bunch of us made from Chicago to Springfield, Illinois for the state fair. All of the guys wanted to ride with "Chubs" in his high performance 55 Chevy. That car had a 409, aluminum heads, headers, dual quads, 4.56 posi-traction rear end and 4 speed. I got aced out of that ride and had to go with an ex girlfriend in her 6 cylinder Mustang. I was very disappointed.

Heading south, we passed the "Chubs" car at a leisurely 55 or so MPH (remember 4.56 rear gears) and saw the guys literally hanging out of the windows. That car was so hot inside that they were passing out!

Just a thought...……….

Flash

Last edited:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I have a history of big displacement, and high performance engines and can offer a few suggestions:
    These new cars are built for speed. My little Toyota Corolla will be doing 85 unless I stay alert. The darn things are built to run! The car you bought is of a different breed.

Keep your speed down around 55 or 60, the gas mileage will be much better with noise and vibration at much more comfortable levels, too.

I'll never forget the trip a bunch of us made from Chicago to Springfield, Illinois for the state fair. All of the guys wanted to ride with "Chubs" in his high performance 55 Chevy. That car had a 409, aluminum heads, headers, dual quads, 4.56 posi-traction rear end and 4 speed. I got aced out of that ride and had to go with an ex girlfriend in her 6 cylinder Mustang. I was very disappointed.

Heading south, we passed the "Chubs" car at a leisurely 55 or so MPH (remember 4.56 rear gears) and saw the guys literally hanging out of the windows. That car was so hot inside that they were passing out!

Just a thought...……….

Flash

We've got a Lincoln MKT w/twin turbo's - so I'm familiar with the "modern speed"....but they have no soul. The '58 has a nice power plant under the hood, discs on all 4 corners - and heavy heatproofing throughout the cabin.<G> Oh - did I mention it also has A/C........lol

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom