• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bvhawk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Are the aftermaket heatshields wort installing. i've seen differing reviews on them. I'd like to install a heatshield with the ghost sites on my mossy 500 18.5" barrell, but keep hearing of issues with loosening and not keeping any sort sight-in.

Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated!!:shades:
    DK Firearms

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    There are some heatshields that actually have mounting points that lock around the barrel and magazine tube like a barrel clamp. These ones attach the best and stay affixed the best. There are also some that simply have clips that clip on between the space of the barrel and magazine tube and easily slide forward and can detach. The last is the kind that has no attach points and is literally zip tied to the weapon or affixed by other means like jb weld or whatever creative things you can think of.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Whatever shield you use just be sure it is braced toward the front of the firearm. Recoil will make it move forward and scratch up your gun. Mossberg shotguns with heatshields have a piece of plastic that goes on the screws and butts up against the mag tube mount.

Top Bottom