• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Where I work we have a limited "skeleton crew". Most people have been working from home since March last year.
    Around 15 of us come into the office at least once a week. Yesterday morning, someone from HR sent me an email asking me if I had been vaccinated, as well as sending the email to others as well, as I have found out.
    I and most others I know have been vaccinated, however, one person I work with has not been vaccinated, and will not get vaccinated. HR told them yesterday (just 1 day after the FDA fully approved the Pfizer vaccine) that he can't come back until he is vaccinated.

I'm pro-vaccine, but think this is a personal choice. They didn't ask anyone if we were vaccinated against polio, pertussis, chicken pox, or a host of other vaccinations. I'd sure as hell rather catch covid over polio any day, so why don't they demand that? This shit makes no sense at all.

jtw2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Cedar Creek
    Where I work we have a limited "skeleton crew". Most people have been working from home since March last year.
    Around 15 of us come into the office at least once a week. Yesterday morning, someone from HR sent me an email asking me if I had been vaccinated, as well as sending the email to others as well, as I have found out.
    I and most others I know have been vaccinated, however, one person I work with has not been vaccinated, and will not get vaccinated. HR told them yesterday (just 1 day after the FDA fully approved the Pfizer vaccine) that he can't come back until he is vaccinated.

I'm pro-vaccine, but think this is a personal choice. They didn't ask anyone if we were vaccinated against polio, pertussis, chicken pox, or a host of other vaccinations. I'd sure as hell rather catch covid over polio any day, so why don't they demand that? This shit makes no sense at all.
    And why isn’t this a HIPPA violation

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

I refused to tell my employer whether or not I was vaccinated. Explained that I view my medical information as private.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    And why isn’t this a HIPPA violation

I’ve asked that very same question

Because most employer/employee relationships aren’t covered under HIPAA and for those that are, HIPAA disclosures specifically permit use for Public Health Activities and for Serious Threat to Health or Safety, as defined by law. Whether you agree with it or not, the governor of Texas specifically states in each of his god forsaken emergency orders that COVID is a public health emergency. Even if he did not, the CDC says it is, so companies have the law on their side in this case.

HIPAA isn’t the bill of goods you think you’ve been sold.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    So how would any employer know or be able to validate that anyone is or is not vaccinated. AFAIK they can’t request your medical records from anyone who has treated you. If they didn’t pay for your jab, and nobody asked for my insurance info, they have no freaking way of knowing if anyone is making up BS or telling the truth. Not suggesting that people should go around lying to their employers, just asking the question.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    If they really want everyone vaccinated, you would think that one of these scientists would figure out a way to aerosolize the MRNA protein and pump it into the HVAC system at all public places.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Because most employer/employee relationships aren’t covered under HIPAA and for those that are, HIPAA disclosures specifically permit use for Public Health Activities and for Serious Threat to Health or Safety, as defined by law. Whether you agree with it or not, the governor of Texas specifically states in each of his god forsaken emergency orders that COVID is a public health emergency. Even if he did not, the CDC says it is, so companies have the law on their side in this case.

HIPAA isn’t the bill of goods you think you’ve been sold.
    Bravo.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    So how would any employer know or be able to validate that anyone is or is not vaccinated… just asking the question.
    Here’s the long form answer to your question from one of the two leading HR professional associations. HRCI (the other) pretty much says the same thing.

Unless things have changed, everyone getting a shot is getting a federal document (CDC vaccination record). Fakes are being sold, but before someone goes that route I suggest they research the fed punishment for falsifying a federal document.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Whether you are or aren't you should tell anyone who asks to MYOFB. If more people did, the whole thing would collapse.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    My Boy was fired from Best Buy / Because he lied about his vaccination status. They asked when when clocked in and was vaccinated and he said yes. They asked him for his vac card he never gave it to them because he is not vaccinated. they warned him once then fired him.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom