• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    You know what............... either be supportive or leave. J/K My next vehicle will be either a Found On Road Dead or a Dodge Maybe a Chevy again I've only killed three Chevy's 2 engines 4-5 trannys (all my vehicles were old trucks back then) I finally treat a vehicle right and the tranny still goes out. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Lakeway, Tx
    You know what............... either be supportive or leave. J/K My next vehicle will be either a Found On Road Dead or a Dodge Maybe a Chevy again I've only killed three Chevy's 2 engines 4-5 trannys (all my vehicles were old trucks back then) I finally treat a vehicle right and the tranny still goes out. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sorry for not being supportive of your needs man.... I can say this I've killed plenty of 4L60E's in Chevys and even had to rebuild my 48RE in my Dodge at 40K miles. Check out this.. it may be strong enough to suit your needs..

100Dollarman - Military Surplus Home!

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Hey Big You should tell us what the name of this place so noone else goes there Im sorry they are jackin ya around I hate car problems probably could have got a reman one and replaced for the trouble your going thru.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Thank you MWAG I probably could tear up an Mrap (Iprobably misspeled it but y'all get the idea) or a douce & 1/2 with the way I'm going. I'm thinking you might be on to something tho..........

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Hey Big You should tell us what the name of this place so noone else goes there Im sorry they are jackin ya around I hate car problems probably could have got a reman one and replaced for the trouble your going thru.
    I know I'm not telling y'all the name of the place but I don't want to run there name threw the dirt without facts to support my claims. I want to let the cat out of the bag on one hand, but at the same time there could be an explanation for the problems. I just don't want to fly off half cocked and have to take my foot out of my mouth later, ya know.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I finally figured out this morning that the torque converter went out in it. A rebuilt torque converter!!!!!!!! I think I'm having a hard time believing that a brand new TC went out and it's talking a week and a half to get it fixed so here you go the name of the transmission shop is cottman. I think they are all individually owned and operated and I don't know if there is a "Mr. Big" that is making a huge pile of cash on my repair bill that is free to me, but this is starting to get old quick. I can see having to order a new TC but damn.

blacksheep

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    the range
    I think the next car I get will be a truck and likely a standard.

Fo sho!!!!!!!!!!!!

When my standard took a dump it cost $ 6200.00 to repair, of corse that was a 13 spd fuller in my old T800 Kenworth.
    Now my new W900 Kenworth has a 18 spd. I'm afraid to see a repair bill on this bad boy.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    When my standard took a dump it cost $ 6200.00 to repair, of corse that was a 13 spd fuller in my old T800 Kenworth.
    Now my new W900 Kenworth has a 18 spd. I'm afraid to see a repair bill on this bad boy.
    You'll get no sympathy from me I worked as a Mech assistant I guess (I Dont know they have called me a mechanic) I had to pull 2 or three of those monsters. They are both as big as a MFing volkswagen!
    But yeah I wouldn't want to see the bill for either those damn 13 speed's are bad enough, but an 18........ shesh! I bet you could buy a brand new KIA for what that one costs!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Okay an update for any one that cares. And if you don't care........... well if you don't care then why are you reading this?
    Anyway, My mother went to go pick up the car again (cause I was still at work) and when she got in it to drive away, the damn car is doing the same thing that it was doing when I dropped it off! :banghead: So now that it's fixed :rolleyes: it should be fixed again today. And what in the hell does the engines not having a tune up got to do with my MFing transmission? I am getting tiered of my car being in the shop. My mother said the guy at the shop told her that I was a "good guy and I have been great to deal with", or something like that. I bet if my fixed car winds up in there again, his opinion of me will change. I'm getting tiered of this s&*^!

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I know a couple of people that had transmission work done on older vehicles and neither one was happy. One had taken her truck for a rebuild and they never got it quite right. What sucked for her is that she was planning to sell it later that year when she had the money to buy another vehicle - the plan got derailed when the tranny blew. :banghead:

Sorry, but a $4000 dollar vehicle with a $2000 transmission is still a $4000 vehicle.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Cottman is a franchise store. They're owned and operated by individuals, but corporate does have some say. Feel free to give corporate a call, they come down pretty hard on the customer's side in these chain store deals.

And what in the hell does the engines not having a tune up got to do with my MFing transmission?

If the engine isn't running right, the trans might not operate properly. You always diagnose and repair any issues with engine performance before fiddling with the automatic transmission. As long as the engine runs fine, there isn't a problem though. So how's the engine run?

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Well the engine runs good but it needs a tune up. The guy at the shop that I have been dealing with said it could throw it off a little so I should do a tune up, He said that I should do the tune up because it's fairly easy and it would be expensive if they did it. I agreed. I would also like to that used to work on cars and he knows that so that is why he suggested that I do the tune up and save the money. I would also like to say that I'm not slamming Cottman Transmission I know that every now and then you get that one car that gives you hell no matter what you try.
    I picked up my car yesterday after noon. The check engine light is on and the gear indicator in the dash board is not working. The guy at the shop told me to bring it by this after noon after I get off work and he'd take care of both. So we'll see what transpires at the end of the day.
    I GOT MY CAR BACK!
    P.S The tune up I'm talking about is oil change, air filter, fuel filter, plugs and wires.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    And that is why I will only own a standard transmission vehicle. If it breaks, it is only about 600 to rebuild and it will be better than it was when it drove off the lot new.

Hah try getting a T45 out of a Mustang rebuilt that cheap.

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    FWIW, I had Cottman fix a Chevy that would get stuck in high gear. The only way to get it back to 1st gear was to turn off the ignition, shift to park and re-start, then go to drive. That was fun at every stop light.

They told right away that it was a solenoid switch inside the trans, how much $$$ it would be, and had it fixed that day. I was happy, but acknowledge that each shop is different.

"Feel free to give corporate a call, they come down pretty hard on the customer's side in these chain store deals."

Sound advice.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Okay update time. Sorry guy's I forgot about this thread for a little while. Anyway, the shop finally got my car fixed and it is going back in for a check up and it seems to be doing fine. I've got the tuneup done except the oil change that will get done in two weeks and the spark plugs. The spark plugs are going to be a PITA but I'll get it done.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom