• TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I didn't see a thread about him yet.

So, Mr. Arbery was shot and killed by Travis McMichael, the son of Gregory McMichael, a retired GA LEO, after a brief chase. Mr. Arbery is on video entering then exiting a home under construction in the middle of the day. Neighbors called the police.

Gregory McMichael had investigated Mr. Arbery in the past and the two may have recognized each other.

The McMichaels say they were carrying out a citizen's arrest, legal in GA. Mr. Arbery tried to get around them but when confronted with a shotgun tried to take it away. During the struggle he was shot and killed.

I'm going to try & post links to all the video.

What say TGT?

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Shooting video. Does anyone have a link to the full video on a different platform?
    https://twitter.com/w_terrence/status/1258500203134349312?s=09

Video of Mr. Arbery entering and exiting a house under construction just before the shooting. He enters at 2:08 per the video timestamp, runs out at 2:13, police car goes by at 2:19, ambulance goes by at 2:27pm.
    https://www.firstcoastnews.com/mobi...-case/77-990e647b-3493-49ab-88ec-3a3d517b19ed

Video of Mr. Arbery in the house under construction. Does anyone have a link to the full video of him in the house for the full 5 minutes?

Here's the initial police report:
    https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthe...52fa09cdc974b970b79/optimized/full.pdf#page=1

The first DA recused herself. I'm looking for that letter if it's available. Here's the letter where the second DA recuses himself:
    https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthe...-glyn/b52fa09cdc974b970b79/optimized/full.pdf

Stefan Molyneux gives his opinion as to why the shooting was justified and the McMichaels should be acquitted. ETA: Stefan made the original video private and posted a new video today. Not sure what is different. The new one is about 4 minutes shorter. Opinion begins at 30:10.

Matt Walsh gives his opinion as to why the shooting was not justified & the McMichaels should go to prison. Starts at 16:10.

Last edited:

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I haven’t seen anything yet that makes me believe the guy was a criminal. I’ve walked construction sites in my neighborhood too.

What was the real history between the shooter and the victim? What got those guys out there with seemingly a plan to confront him? And what’s up with the recusals?

There’s likely a lot more to this story. Usually is.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    At this point I think the McMichaels are guilty of something. Not sure if murder, manslaughter, or what.

Yes, Gregory McMichaels may have recognized Mr. Arbery. If so, Mr. McMichaels would have known Mr. Arbery has a history of a weapons charge and a shoplifting charge. But, McMichels wouldn't have recognized Arbery until the armed confrontation, until the McMichaels had already decided to get involved.

I framed houses when in HS & college. I like to look at new construction. I have checked out home under construction but I never felt comfortable doing so once they were "dried-in" and not when they had doors & windows. I also haven't done it since I was younger than Mr. Arbery.

If I was Arbery and being harassed by two armed men in a car while I'm on foot I would have tried to get away & would have tried to disarm them if I didn't think I had any other choice.

I don't think the McMichaels had enough knowledge at the time to justify their actions. If anything they could have followed Arbery at a distance & waited for the police.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    My two key thoughts:
    * It's giving me flashbacks to the Trayvon Martin case. A coworker first told me about it and it was a kid who had been killed by a vigilante who was claiming Castle Doctrine. Details came out and the "kid" had assaulted the shooter, but the MSM seemed to gloss over that. Now we see the pictures of this young man in his bow tie...
    * Is it odd that this story is getting so much traction, just about the time the Flynn case fell apart and we are expecting Durham's report?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Based on the limited information available, this does not seem justified. Definitely not wise actions.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I think there is too much court of public opinion in this case. There is nothing that tells me this is clear cut on what happened. I don't believe there was justification for shooting, but it's hard to tell exactly what happened in the altercation.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I think there is too much court of public opinion in this case. There is nothing that tells me this is clear cut on what happened. I don't believe there was justification for shooting, but it's hard to tell exactly what happened in the altercation.
    I think it comes down to whether or not the McMichaels were justified to pursue & try to arrest or hold Arbery. If they were not justified then Arbery has every right to fight them, the McMichaels would be the instigating party. If the McMichaels were justified in the pursuit & confrontation then they won't be guilty of the death.

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    The whole thing makes me uncomfortable.
    There was a big todo in the next town over from me.
    A young black man was shot and died on the street.
    Initial reports were that he was killed in a drive by shooting.
    His prom picture was in the news as was his High School football prowess, church and food pantry work. All in all a tragedy for the whole community.
    The police asked for any information that could be useful.
    Four days later two guys were arrested for the murder.
    Our tragic football hero was selling them drugs and the deal went bad.
    The old lady hand wringing stopped.
    Arbery had a police record and may not have been an around nice guy. I’ll wait and see.
    It’s been said before, no mother should have to suffer the tragedy of having a criminal son shot to death.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I would never put myself into such a situation trying to make a “citizens arrest”.

It’s not why I carry, YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom