Ahmaud Arbery - The Trial

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 15, 2019
Lost
Please tell me what crime he committed that he deserved to be chased down and murdered?
According to some, just the mere fact of being "suspicious" is enough to warrant getting killed.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
I'm not a lawyer but if someone tries to take my gun, it's him or me. Okay does that answer your question?

Not really. If you corner someone who’s unarmed and you pull a gun, that doesn’t meet the Georgia (or Texas) or Texas elements for use of force or deadly force, both of which are necessary to mount a successful self-defense claim.

Now Arbury, all the elements of the law were on his side once the gun came out. He pretty much had carte blanche standing to do whatever he needed to do to defend himself.

More clearly, if you chase me down, corner me, and introduce a disparity of force, be it a weapon or the number of people you brought to start a fight, then I’m well within in the law to neutralize the threat you poss to me.

But you have zero authority to stop or detain me for any reason at all, much less use force or attempt to use deadly force to stop me.

Yes, I know juries can do whatever they want once a case is brought to trial and being tried by 12 is better than being carried by 6, but none of that justifies the use of force/deadly force.

Renegade

SuperOwner
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
I think in this case he was more than a witness, but was accused of helping dumb & dumber box AA in. So he was a participant.

OK so I pulled up the report from last year and this was the source of why I said he was a participant:

Chased.jpg

Renegade

SuperOwner
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
Okay you disagree, I get it, just my opinion, I'm dropping it.

Your opinion seems to be based on an incorrect set of "facts". Folks here are just trying to help you form a more informed opinion based on correct facts.

No different than if it was your opinion KR was guilty because he "brought a gun across state lines." That is an incorrect "fact" too.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Aug 9, 2013
south of killeen
I'm not a lawyer but if someone tries to take my gun, it's him or me. Okay does that answer your question?
So.....if three guys with guns hunt YOU down, you have No right to fight back.....

At the time all this took place, the only crime to even maybe be shown is trespass. There is no evidence he even tried to steal anything let alone had committed any other crimes. Just "suspicion".

Has anyone seen an arrest record for Arbery? So far, I have not heard of one.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
So.....if three guys with guns hunt YOU down, you have No right to fight back.....

At the time all this took place, the only crime to even maybe be shown is trespass. There is no evidence he even tried to steal anything let alone had committed any other crimes. Just "suspicion".

Has anyone seen an arrest record for Arbery? So far, I have not heard of one.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Recall on day of shooting, they saw him in street not house so they were not even chasing a trespasser. Judge made point citizen arrest has be crime in progress, not crime you saw different day

arbery was on probation for bringing gun to school and stealing tv from store

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
Here is a pretty good report on "the rest of the story".
Thank you very much for helping me find yet another web site I can ignore. After reading that entire article while holding out hope for some rational analysis and being completely disappointed, I now know to never to waste any time there again.

nickgibson72

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sep 28, 2021
Houston
Top Bottom