Ahmaud Arbery - The Trial

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
Here is a pretty good report on "the rest of the story".

WTF dude? You read that shit? You agree with the feces passing as an analysis that you linked to?

Its conclusion are completely wrong. Shit to try and compare the 2 incidents in the manner it did is.....I will just stop there.

Last edited:

candcallen

TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
Thank you very much for helping me find yet another web site I can ignore. After reading that entire article while holding out hope for some rational analysis and being completely disappointed, I now know to never to waste any time there again.
Actual racist and xenophobic that bullshit is.

Not my site, meaning TGT, but here is an unsolicited opinion. I would consider not allowing it, vdare.cm to be linked to or its material posted on the site.

Last edited:

nickgibson72

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sep 28, 2021
Houston
WTF dude? You read that shit?

Its conclusion are completely wrong.
It also gets a ton of facts wrong. The article states that the man in the pickup truck recording did not know the other two men, which we know from the trial, is false. It states that two weeks prior there was a separate incident in which the cops were called and the cops and fellow armed citizens cleared the houses together. That never happened.

candcallen

TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
It also gets a ton of facts wrong. The article states that the man in the pickup truck recording did not know the other two men, which we know from the trial, is false. It states that two weeks prior there was a separate incident in which the cops were called and the cops and fellow armed citizens cleared the houses together. That never happened.
Propaganda bullshit site. I'll stop there.

AR1911

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apr 26, 2009
If you guys want to stick to the MSM narrative, more power to you. That is your choice. Personally, I like to read and watch the usual sources, but I also like to seek other views on controversial subject matter. This particular site has some content I don't agree with, but I did not see any big red flags in this article. It was no more biased than any article in The Atlantic, or Vox for example. I have shared this article with others who saw it in the same light as I did - food for thought.
Seems to me these guys did a lot wrong, and I would have been a lot more cautious. For one thing, I don't go looking for trouble. Second, with three guys vs one, a firearm should not have been presented unless there was reason to believe Arbery had a weapon.
Based on the applicable statute, I believe they would be within the law to detain him until police arrived. The real trouble started when Arbery charged the guy and tried to disarm him. The guy with the shotgun was likely not prepared for that and reacted badly. He was untrained and out of his element.
Still there are some real questions about how the trial was handled. Many facts were not allowed in evidence, such as Arbery's violent tendencies due to Schizophrenia. There was also juror intimidation, a biased judge, a hyper-racial atmosphere, and other issues mentioned that, if true, should cause us to wonder if justice was served here. There may be solid grounds for an appeal in a different venue. If so, I we should wait to see how that plays out.
I'm not going to rush to judgement. I wasn't there and I don't know these people. They don't appear to be people I would care to be around. I do know that all Americans deserve a fair trial, to the extent possible.

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Aug 9, 2013
south of killeen
Thank you very much for helping me find yet another web site I can ignore. After reading that entire article while holding out hope for some rational analysis and being completely disappointed, I now know to never to waste any time there again.
Ain't that the truth. I might need to rewatch the videos, but that ain't what I remember watching.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
Based on the applicable statute, I believe they would be within the law to detain him until police arrived.

How so? Which of the elements in the code were met:

2019 Georgia Code
Title 17 - Criminal Procedure
Chapter 4 - Arrest of Persons
Article 4 - Arrest by Private Persons
§ 17-4-60. Grounds for arrest
Universal Citation: GA Code § 17-4-60 (2019)
A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Feb 1, 2010
DFW
If you guys want to stick to the MSM narrative, more power to you. That is your choice. Personally, I like to read and watch the usual sources, but I also like to seek other views on controversial subject matter. This particular site has some content I don't agree with, but I did not see any big red flags in this article. It was no more biased than any article in The Atlantic, or Vox for example. I have shared this article with others who saw it in the same light as I did - food for thought.
Seems to me these guys did a lot wrong, and I would have been a lot more cautious. For one thing, I don't go looking for trouble. Second, with three guys vs one, a firearm should not have been presented unless there was reason to believe Arbery had a weapon.
Based on the applicable statute, I believe they would be within the law to detain him until police arrived. The real trouble started when Arbery charged the guy and tried to disarm him. The guy with the shotgun was likely not prepared for that and reacted badly. He was untrained and out of his element.
Still there are some real questions about how the trial was handled. Many facts were not allowed in evidence, such as Arbery's violent tendencies due to Schizophrenia. There was also juror intimidation, a biased judge, a hyper-racial atmosphere, and other issues mentioned that, if true, should cause us to wonder if justice was served here. There may be solid grounds for an appeal in a different venue. If so, I we should wait to see how that plays out.
I'm not going to rush to judgement. I wasn't there and I don't know these people. I do know that all Americans deserve a fair trial, to the extent possible.

Before you got to those things listed above, which I don't doubt. You needed to get to the root of the issue. They didn't see him commit a crime. If a person commits a crime you could detain that person. Perhaps not wise to, but its legal. But Arbery didn't commit a crime that we know of, THAT day. While a person could speculate that he was casing it out for a later outing to boost items in the house, they didn't see him commit a crime.

AR1911

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apr 26, 2009
That statute is the new law, enacted after the incident.
The old "1863 Georgia law allowed any resident to arrest someone they suspected of committing a crime". This is the statute in effect at the time of the killing.

rotor

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nov 1, 2015
Texas
That statute is the new law, enacted after the incident.
The old "1863 Georgia law allowed any resident to arrest someone they suspected of committing a crime". This is the statute in effect at the time of the killing.
Actually the law was….
§ 17-4-60 - Grounds for arrest. A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.

The issue was that the jury did not believe that there was a reason to arrest Arbery on those grounds.

Top Bottom