• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Upfront...im not a collector. Guns are cool but mostly they are important tools/insurance. Im posting this here instead or the subforums for these guns as im mostly just thinking out loud.

Im down to needing a 22 rifle. Im thinking this "has" to be a 10/22. I just dont know which model but the barrel needs to be threaded. Do i need iron sights?

Need 1 shotgun. Im pretty well in between a Benelli M2/4 and the FN SLP. Beretta/Browning dont make HD guns?

Finally, 308 rifle territory. First need to decide bolt vs semi-auto and go from there. Do i need iron sights if i go bolt? Im bailing on the AR platform at the same time it seems to be exploding so instead of AR10 type im thinking FAL or perhaps M1A.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Let me just say that these are the three for now. Once these bases are covered more bases will become uncovered.

Remember it is a journey and not a destination.

Iron sights are up to you. Nice but not absolutely necessary. Modern optics are tough.

Also, let me say that I love my AR10.

The Benelli M4 is one tough gun but it is also very heavy. Compare it's weight to other HD guns when you are looking.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    These are the 3 to round out my justifiable needs. "wanted" guns will never end certainly but thats way down the road.

10/22 (too many models to choose from but does need threads)
    Benelli M2?
    Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle? Half the price of a nice semi auto

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    The .308 out of a 16"-18" barrel on paper leaves much to be desired. I would opt for full-length M1A or just go 7.62x39, less blast, cheaper mags/ammo, more capacity. It's about value and what you mentioned just seems too damn expensive for what you are getting. 30-06? M1 Garand. Clips and ammo are everywhere. I don't think it is an either/or with bolt or sa, especially when there are so many nice bolt actions lying around untouched for great prices. I don't think you can ever have enough of these classic full-power rifles. I know some who have a limit in mind and expend too much energy comparing and trying to determine which is better.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The .308 out of a 16"-18" barrel on paper leaves much to be desired. I would opt for full-length M1A or just go 7.62x39, less blast, cheaper mags/ammo, more capacity. It's about value and what you mentioned just seems too damn expensive for what you are getting. 30-06? M1 Garand. Clips and ammo are everywhere. I don't think it is an either/or with bolt or sa, especially when there are so many nice bolt actions lying around untouched for great prices. I don't think you can ever have enough of these classic full-power rifles. I know some who have a limit in mind and expend too much energy comparing and trying to determine which is better.

Valid point. Perhaps i could go 762x39 instead of 762x51...now THAT is why i post on TGT.

Stimulating thought!

Top Bottom