• ...and so much more!
  • navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    If you can hold 4moa at 100 you can hold 4moa at 250.

Yes, stated as you have, it is technically the same, except the spread at 250 yards is much more than 4 MOA at 100 yards.

4 MOA at 100 yards = 4". At 250 = 10" and in the real world even more than 10" as the bullet is in flight longer which increases the effect of wind and the atmosphere. Add to that the difficulty to clearly see out to 250 without magnification and I think that is what Mr. Sage was referring to.
    Lynx Defense

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I was mostly talking about wind and things like that. I don't have trouble seeing to 250 unless I'm falling-down drunk (in which case, I'm not shooting). :p

But what I asked was who could hold a practical 4MOA or better under "real" conditions (regardless of distance) where there isn't a bench to shoot from, and all the other regular range amenities. The answer is probably very few people.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    "Dogs can/will work anywhere and everywhere."

Ha, I wasn't referring to the dogs ability or them being eager to "work" but rather if a good sized dog is practical for where you live, like perhaps a small apartment.

I once saw a 80lbs elderly Japanese woman walking a 120lbs Yellow Lab, at night, in the rain in the middle of the city. They are versatile.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I once saw a 80lbs elderly Japanese woman walking a 120lbs Yellow Lab, at night, in the rain in the middle of the city. They are versatile.

Dogs are a completely different subject with their own sets of advantages/challenges. Really ridiculous to just say a dog is better than a sight.

Also, a single dog can be dispatched pretty quickly.

I love dogs, pet mine and every other dog I meat that I don't think will tear my arm off. It's not that I don't like dogs (some don't and I'll never understand why), but they are not the answer to every situation.

The little dogs that are closely related to rodents.....bleh.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Dogs are a great early warning system, but I'll let my dogs bark and tell me that someone needs shootin'.

Why should my pets have all the fun? :D

SicEmBears

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2013
    Richardson
    The time it takes to press that button on a $650 red dot sight would buy an awfully nice kick ass dog. Just saying.

7167ccm_27.jpeg

Looks like a 4 MOA dog to me. ;)

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    If 250 is your average distance, then you may have chosen a less than optimal optical solution. Your eyes must be better than mine because 100 yds is really the point that I would put some magnification on the optic. You pretty much know where you will be shooting and at what distances, you can select an appropriate optic for the situation. If I had only one optic it would probably not be an unmagnified red dot.
    I prefer an Eotech but I have not spent much time with the Aimpoint.

I agree with you, just stating a fact. ;)

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I was mostly talking about wind and things like that. I don't have trouble seeing to 250 unless I'm falling-down drunk (in which case, I'm not shooting). :p

But what I asked was who could hold a practical 4MOA or better under "real" conditions (regardless of distance) where there isn't a bench to shoot from, and all the other regular range amenities. The answer is probably very few people.

Oh, I didn't know we were talking about just playing. If you're just playing all of this is just mental masturbation.

Top Bottom