• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Put a knob on an EoTech instead of buttons and it would rule the optics world.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    All the brands mentioned are great. Personally, I think the whole durability/reliability thing of the whole Aimpoint > EOTech is seriously overblown. When you think about the "needs" of most of us, honestly, it gets a bit ridiculous. How long does it take to press one button if you are grabbing your carbine because someone is breaking in. It's not necessarily the same sort of situation as a carry gun and potentially having a close quarters retention issue right off the bat. I mean, if you literally won't have a couple seconds to press a button and turn your EOTech on once you hear someone breaking in, then you need to do a better job hardening your house. As far as battery life, again... Don't get me wrong. I love Aimpoint, and they are my favorite over EOTech, but how important is the battery life issue really? We should all be doing preventative maintenance anyways, which pretty much eliminates that as a potential problem. Bottom line, unless you are getting in 600+ HOUR long gunbattles....maybe this stuff doesn't matter that much, as long as it's durable and reliable.

Of course, maybe it does, and maybe we should argue more about it. ;)

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    LOL - good one. My private gun guru told me to buy an aimpoint pro. That will be happening within days.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Ive heard operators operate more operatingly with EOTechs than Aimpoints.

a7y3apeh.jpg

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    All the brands mentioned are great. Personally, I think the whole durability/reliability thing of the whole Aimpoint > EOTech is seriously overblown. When you think about the "needs" of most of us, honestly, it gets a bit ridiculous. How long does it take to press one button if you are grabbing your carbine because someone is breaking in. It's not necessarily the same sort of situation as a carry gun and potentially having a close quarters retention issue right off the bat. I mean, if you literally won't have a couple seconds to press a button and turn your EOTech on once you hear someone breaking in, then you need to do a better job hardening your house. As far as battery life, again... Don't get me wrong. I love Aimpoint, and they are my favorite over EOTech, but how important is the battery life issue really? We should all be doing preventative maintenance anyways, which pretty much eliminates that as a potential problem. Bottom line, unless you are getting in 600+ HOUR long gunbattles....maybe this stuff doesn't matter that much, as long as it's durable and reliable.

Of course, maybe it does, and maybe we should argue more about it. ;)

Couldn't agree more with this. A friend of mine bought one of those Vortex Strikefire red dot scopes and though there's definitely a difference in quality when compared side by side to my AP Pro, it performs just as well as needed for what we do with our carbines and at half the cost. I prefer a shotgun in defense of my home and family so jacking around with buttons is not an issue.

Top Bottom