• tempImage2xG22W.png
      tempImage2xG22W.png
      6 MB · Views: 186

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    When I was on house arrest I mean quarantine for a month I ordered this, Crosman 1377. Fun. 2 pumps is enough for indoor target shooting. Pellets are available! And cheap too.
    View attachment 245212
    you can really get these setup nice.
    aftermarket stocks, barrels, triggers whole 9 yards.

there is a similar model, i want to say it is the 2240, it is co2 powered and in .22 cal
    one of the only co2 powered guns i trust for rabbits.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    you can really get these setup nice.
    aftermarket stocks, barrels, triggers whole 9 yards.

there is a similar model, i want to say it is the 2240, it is co2 powered and in .22 cal
    one of the only co2 powered guns i trust for rabbits.
    That is one of the best initially inexpensive pellet guns to own. The Beeman P17 is another.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    My newest addition.
    IMG_2087sdl.jpg

It is an Airforce TalonP with a Talon Tunes moderator and a MadDog stock.
    The light is because I initially purchased the gun to deal with raccoons and possums that were killing my chickens at night.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    When I was on house arrest I mean quarantine for a month I ordered this, Crosman 1377. Fun. 2 pumps is enough for indoor target shooting. Pellets are available! And cheap too.
    View attachment 245212
    Probably should not recommend this, but I also use mine as a dart gun.
    Bamboo skewers fire out of mine like little missiles! Great for grasshopper hunting when those little buggers are terrorizing my banana trees!

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My Sig P320 pellet pistol crapped out on me. Need to check and see if they can repair those things. Man I have had fun with that thing.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    My newest addition.
    View attachment 312534
    It is an Airforce TalonP with a Talon Tunes moderator and a MadDog stock.
    The light is because I initially purchased the gun to deal with raccoons and possums that were killing my chickens at night.
    If you can shoot possums with that rifle you will set a world record. That would shoot all the way to Australia.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    If you can shoot possums with that rifle you will set a world record. That would shoot all the way to Australia.
    I wasn't sure what you were talking about and had to do some googling.
    Drop the "O" from opossum and they are not nearly as ugly.

Attachments

• mqdefault.jpg
      mqdefault.jpg
      10.6 KB · Views: 79

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I wasn't sure what you were talking about and had to do some googling.
    Drop the "O" from opossum and they are not nearly as ugly.
    the name comes from when you see one at night grinning, teeth shining in the light of a full moon around here you say O! possum!

there is another variant in comal county, Oshitpossum

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    View attachment 320507

FX ImpactX in .25 cal. set up for 100 yd targets, and defense against the dreaded chipmunk at 50 yds. :spank:

My other favorite: silly accurate at 100 yds. Daystate Redwolf HP in .22 cal.
    View attachment 320508
    That Daystate is one fine air gun!

FX is too. I have been looking for a new PCP and checked out sever FX models, but settled on something different.
    My new RTI Prophet should be delivered to my house next week. The bad thing about that is that for the next 2 1/2 weeks I am on a job 150 miles from home.

Sergei

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2022
    Corinth
    Some of these rifles are absolutely gorgeous, but on a lark I checked the prices and good NIGHT. They're uh... a bit more expensive than my old Red Rider :laughing:

I did find the Hatsan Flashpup in .22 pellet, though, and it might end up being the answer to the squirrel menace in the backyard. Little monsters have gotten brave as of late.

RankAmateur

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2022
    New Braunfels
    Some of these rifles are absolutely gorgeous, but on a lark I checked the prices and good NIGHT. They're uh... a bit more expensive than my old Red Rider :laughing:

I did find the Hatsan Flashpup in .22 pellet, though, and it might end up being the answer to the squirrel menace in the backyard. Little monsters have gotten brave as of late.
    Agree re: price.

The Hatsan PCP should be plenty accurate for squirrels, and .22 is an adequate caliber with good shot placement. I don't mean to patronize, so if you already know this, please ignore (and forgive) me. Just like load development for firearms, pellet selection and tuning of your rifle can have spectacular influences on precision/accuracy. The diablo shape of pellets is intrinsically unstable at transsonic speeds, so keeping your pellets subsonic is a good thing. Shooting heavy pellets very accurately can more than make up for fast (light) pellets that result in lesser precision. (For example, the Redwolf prefers .22 cal pellets that have the same weight as heavy .25 cal pellets.). I don't believe the Flashpup has adjustable manifolds, pressure regulators, or ports, so the only way to "adjust" velocities is with pellet weight/shape. You will probably be surprised to find large differences in precision results between different pellets, or even different pellet weights within the same brand of pellet.

BTW, some of the high-end PCPs above can be tuned to specific & precise pressures/volumes for specific pellets. They can be tuned to single digit SDs under ideal conditions, just like handloaders would seek for precision rifles. Both the Impact and the Redwolf can shoot 1/2 MOA groups at 100 yds under ideal conditions (as can the Prophet, obviously).

Top Bottom