• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So I am in an unincorporated part of the city of Burnet in Burnet county. I am on a 1 acre lot in a trac of homes all on acre lots. Is it legal to target shoot with an air rifle ?

I would ask a PD officer but feel they would tell me what they think and not what the law really says. Is there some way to find out other than doing it and getting fined :)

thanks
    Gun Zone Deals

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    lol one would not say anything he shoots squirrels with a .22 and the powder less ammo ;) also uses it to chase off sparlings. I guess I never see cops come to his house lol

FunnyFarm

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2013
    If your looking for a particular law there is nothing in the penal code. You would have to look in the city ordinances.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    City and county ordnances. When it's written in black and white, nobody can substitute an opinion for fact. County ordnances should be on the county website, city ordnances on the city website. If you can't find them, there should be a number to call for someone who can look the appropriate law up for you.

Don't settle for opinion or what someone thinks they remember.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    City and county ordnances. When it's written in black and white, nobody can substitute an opinion for fact. County ordnances should be on the county website, city ordnances on the city website. If you can't find them, there should be a number to call for someone who can look the appropriate law up for you.

Don't settle for opinion or what someone thinks they remember.

Excellent advice. No way should you talk to the neighbors. You'll allow them to open a giant can of drama which should stay closed. Research the county/city ordinances/laws - PRINT THEM - and shoot if it is okay.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Once you are out of the city limits, you are probably okay to shoot air rifles and pistols, and possibly even firearms. What proximity are you to your neighbors? That is a consideration as far as the law goes.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I live in a city which prohibits the discharge of "any Weapon propelling any projectile, however initiated."

Until the city puts a drone on a 24-hour watch over my home, I will continue to dispatch vermin and varmints with a .177 pellet rifle all day long. My dog's farts are louder than the airgun, and I shoot from a concealed position. My neighbors are so addicted to day-time t.v. they would not even hear the pffft!

Top Bottom