• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    The getting the gun on takes the time. Getting it back is much less painful. The staff at the luggage turnstile will hand it over with ID shown.
    ARJ Defense ad

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    The regs don't specify.

That was the only sure way they could get past the TSA after some competitors got stopped and told they couldn't fly with ammo in MTM boxes because those weren't acceptable packaging.

I just flew using those plastic boxes. They were packed in my gun case. No issues at all. I made sure my mags were empty.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I just flew using those plastic boxes. They were packed in my gun case. No issues at all. I made sure my mags were empty.
    I'm not surprised. The TSA is much more reasonable about boxes for ammo these days. There was a time when they were often jerks about it.

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    I hope you are not talking about taking the gun in a carryon. It has to be in checked baggage, and must be in a TSA approved case with TSA locks.
    Oh heck no, just trying to find out the delays and do's and don'ts of getting it into checked baggage.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Steven Walker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Waco, TX
    I travel quite often and always arrive early. Had to rush through the airport too many times.
    Southwest and American.
    Declare a firearm when handing over suitcase. Fill out a form stating the firearm is empty and the magazine is not in the firearm. Ammo in original box or in hard case.
    Never had an issue, added maybe 5 minutes each trip.
    But I plan for an hour. Some regional airports have you wait on TSA to come get the suitcase.

Funny thing, California airports, they stand back once you declare you have a firearm. Won’t touch the suitcase and you can tell how uncomfortable they are.
    Dallas, Memphis and Nashville, really? A firearm? Let me see what you got.

Gunny P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    DFW
    I travel quite often and always arrive early. Had to rush through the airport too many times.
    Southwest and American.
    Declare a firearm when handing over suitcase. Fill out a form stating the firearm is empty and the magazine is not in the firearm. Ammo in original box or in hard case.
    Never had an issue, added maybe 5 minutes each trip.
    But I plan for an hour. Some regional airports have you wait on TSA to come get the suitcase.

Funny thing, California airports, they stand back once you declare you have a firearm. Won’t touch the suitcase and you can tell how uncomfortable they are.
    Dallas, Memphis and Nashville, really? A firearm? Let me see what you got.
    You can add Phoenix to the good list too

Top Bottom