• ...and so much more!
  • pipe dreams

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2017
    South TX
    San Antonio
    Looking for an affordable AK-47
    I sold my AK before joining the military and want to replace it.
    I would also consider a SKS.
    Please let me know if you have anything available for sale.
    Thanks
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

pipe dreams

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2017
    South TX
    Thanks for the info. I'm not looking for info about AK and SKS. I am looking for one to purchase. I have some experience with both rifles as well. I am just replacing some things that I sold before joining the military.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I'm sorry, I see that now. The curse of just reading new posts and not reading closely enough.

Good luck in your search!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    What is your price range for either? I'm not looking to sell, but depending on what you're looking to pay I might be able to steer you to one. I know a couple of builders in the local area, plus I have a good idea which shops have better deals on them.

That said, if you aren't set on just personal sales, I would try either the Powderhorn on 410 just north of 90 or Adelbridge & Co. Firearms just by the airport on San Pedro. Both had decent selection and prices on AKs in the past. SKS rifles are tougher to find, even at the SAXET show (which is this weekend by the way).

You could also try TexasGunTrader.com but I would approach any ad on that site with caution. Not to say they are all bad, I found a great deal on a Webley revolver there back in December; but there are a lot of scammers and people who fail to show up for meetings.

Good luck!

Cheers! M2

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    If money is no option, I’d go AK over SKS any day. In similar vein, have you ever tried a VZ58? I never went back to owning an AK after I got one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pipe dreams

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2017
    South TX
    If money is no option, I’d go AK over SKS any day. In similar vein, have you ever tried a VZ58? I never went back to owning an AK after I got one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would like both. Lol
    I'm okay with just a Wasr-10. Not looking to spend big money on an Arsenal.
    Would like to get a used rifle for less than $600 but I don't know if this is possible bc people seem to think used AKs are gold. Thebproc s I should for SKS are ridiculous. Maybe I'll get lucky tho.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I would like both. Lol
    I'm okay with just a Wasr-10. Not looking to spend big money on an Arsenal.
    Would like to get a used rifle for less than $600 but I don't know if this is possible bc people seem to think used AKs are gold. Thebproc s I should for SKS are ridiculous. Maybe I'll get lucky tho.
    You will have to be quick if you spot one. I have seen a few AKs listed at 600 recently, mostly IO and century builds which you do not want. They sell fast at 600 no matter what the brand/quality. Most WASR's I have seen lately are almost as much as Arsenal rifles

pipe dreams

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2017
    South TX
    I am not dumb when it comes to AKs. I am simply looking to buy one. I know the value of different AKs too. This Thread is WTB, Want To Buy. I am not looking for advice on AKs or SKSs; I would have posted in a different section for that.
    Please if you have something for sale then let me know. Thanks!

pipe dreams

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2017
    South TX
    So I have found wasr10 new from dealer for less than $700. Found an Arsenal pistol new from.dealer for $855. Npap folder for $
    $550, new from dealer. It appears the private sale of AKs is highly over priced. I'll just order a new one from a dealer. I like to do business local with private people but not going to over pay for something I can get for much less new.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom