• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingjoey5000

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2020
    Spring
    Took a little time and reworked the fore grip on my Yugo, I think it came out gorgeous. any thoughts?
    IMG_3482 2.JPG
    Guns International

Attachments

• IMG_3478.JPG
      IMG_3478.JPG
      1.6 MB · Views: 247
    • IMG_3482.JPG
      IMG_3482.JPG
      1.2 MB · Views: 253

kingjoey5000

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2020
    Spring
    previously it looked like this, just basic laminate, I went with trans tint alcohol dyes and Starbrite teak oil, then finished it with odies wood butter should be super easy to work out any future blemishes, also a very nice feeling satin finish present.
    IMG_3486.JPG

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

kingjoey5000,

I seriously DOUBT if the metal & wooden parts looked that well when it was new. = LOTS of AK "furniture" LOOKS as if it was made out of assorted pieces of scrap metal & old packing crates/pallets.

I've seen NEW "locally assembled" AK-clones in SE ASIA, that looked like JUNK but that shot OK.
    (In 1973 troops of the AMERICAL DIV. found a "Popular Front jungle repair depot" where "unserviceable" AK47 were being repaired/rebuilt & W/O any electricity, power tools and by a group of, at best, "semi-skilled" girls/women.)

yours, satx

kingjoey5000

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2020
    Spring
    Yeah actually, it looks far better then when it was "new" thats why I did it. its an 86 parts kit century build from Yugoslavia. The picture of the fore grips in my safe "the crappy looking ones" are what it shipped with. I found an unfinished un used yet someone sold online I believe it was apex, and refinished them in red. so yeah your right, my AK looks bad ass now. thanks. All the metal parts came new from Yugoslavia like that.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom