• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Can a drako gas block be used on a rifle with out too much modification? I like the look of a sight/gas block combo a lot better than the normal AK set up.
    Hurley's Gold

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    first of all that sight/gas combo stops at where the gas port hole is, the rifle has to be 16" or longer, with that 16" long barrel its going to stick out way past where the gas block Unless your building a pistol or your getting a tax stamp then go ahead.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I wasn't planning on cutting the barrel. It'll happen one day but not yet. I thought about ordering a Bolton gas block but figured if I could use a cheaper block and modify it I may go that direction. Maybe I should just get a Bolton. Even with the barrel sticking out I think it looks better than the front sight thy come with. My barrel doesn't stick out much past the gas. Lock anyway. I think it was 16 1/8" when I measured it(looked shorter when I bought it)

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    first of all that sight/gas combo stops at where the gas port hole is, the rifle has to be 16" or longer, with that 16" long barrel its going to stick out way past where the gas block Unless your building a pistol or your getting a tax stamp then go ahead.

I know. That's why I'm asking if it could be modified to work.

Top Bottom