• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    So I just bought an Arsenal Siaga last week and have bought the following mods or add ons. Houge grip with finger grooves, although I might get the one without the grooves because I like the feel better, A Primary Arms red dot with kill flash, and pre paid for my Texas Weapon Systems Dog Leg gen 2. I'm leaving the stock on it because I don't like the extendable stock on the AK's. I don't know about the forward grip yet either. I might change it. Any suggestions? What mods do you guys have and do you have pics? If so, show them off! I'll be posting mine as they come in and get mounted on the gun.
    Hurley's Gold

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'll have to see if I can find any pics.

Right now my AK has an Ultimak with an Aimpoint Comp M2 in a Burris 30mm low mount, a Phantom flash hider (might go back to a brake), double hook Tapco G2 trigger modified to 2-stage (by myself), trigger group pin retainer plate/spring clip eliminator, Wolff +10% action spring (highly suggest it!), plastic furniture with the Soviet-length stock, Mojo rear sight, a Tapco SAW pistol grip (love it - cheap but great for one-handed manipulation) and a couple coats of 3-color Krylon camouflage.

Before the flash hider, I ran a Primary Weapon Systems J-Tac 47 brake, and found it to be really effective, especially with the extra power action spring. I think I'll put another J-Tac on and call that rifle done. Again.

WadeP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    San Marcos, TX
    Just say no to vertical foregrips and M4 stocks on an AK.

you must remove the tactical accessories immediately.jpg

Your SGL will benefit from a red dot, G2 trigger, Krebs retaining plate and a real flashhider.

Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    I have a SGL-20 and I love it. I have a bushnell red dot mounted on a KV-04 kvar side mount. I also replaced the stock with a tapco telescoping stock and really like that too. To me its alot more comfortable than the original stock. I do think that the AK looks better with wood or the original stock but for me the tapco is the most comfortable. I've hears some people say it is a sin to put the tapco furniture on the arsenals but it works for me. Like I said I like the original look of wood or the original stock that came on it but the tapco just works for me. In my opinion there is not a lot you really need to do to the sgl's

Justin

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    For side-folding or collapsible (or both!) one good option is to get a 100 series stock assembly (kVar sells them) and have it installed by a smith. I know a good one that does a good job of it in Houston, but their name escapes me at the moment.

Another option that I keep forgetting to do to my own AK is a side-folding stock from ACE, with one of their most excellent lightweight stocks on it.

Again, I don't care what it looks like when done, I care about how utilitarian the rifle is.

Top Bottom