• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mkburden

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    HUNT COUNTY TEXAS
    Please excuse my AK ignorance. So a local pawn shop has a yugo ak underfolder with a Rhome Texas receiver (?). Anyone know the type of rifle I'm talking about? Would that be a build or... The price seems good to me, but have heard horror stories of accuracy issues (canted sight, etc) It's only $350 and since I havent owned one this one may become my first. So question, if you have a "bad" one is it fixable by upgrading or swapping parts, or will I be stuck with a nice looking horrible shooting p.o.s? Lucky for me the holidays took a toll on my funds, or wouldnt have had the opportunity to ask first. I would be posting pics with these questions!
    Texas SOT

espnazi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    El Paso
    That seems like a relatively good price since that is what wasr-10s are going for. Just check it out yourself you'll be able to tell when looking down the barrel if the sights are canted.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    It's a parts kit gun. Check everything closely, especially the bore.

It appears that Global Machine and Tool out of Rhome built receivers for Arsenal, Inc. Good rep with that company.

Yugoslavian AKs are some of the nicest. They have RPK weight barrels and the wider RPK trunnions (that's why there's a bulge on either side of the receiver at the front) and the piston is the longer RPK length. IIRC, they used heavier gauge receivers, too. Basically, they took the RPK design modified with a 16" barrel and called it an AK.

I had an M70AB2 for a while. It was a great rifle, easy to put into a non-firearms related container to go low profile. But... the underfolder stock sucks. it's too wide on the shoulder, the cheek weld isn't good and it's just kind of clunky overall. Other than that, these are great rifles.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I have both the M70B1 (fixed stock) and M70AB2 (underfold) Yugos AKs and I love 'em both! I don't find the folding stock to be that bad, a cheap/quick mod is to wrap 550 paracord tightly around the rail for a better cheek rest. They are heavier than the "standard" AK but I like that.

About all you have to do is make sure to watch the gas block system as it can foul up.

The barrels aren't chrome-lined, but if you clean them as you should that's not a problem.

The bottom line is they are tanks, and if you don't snag it let me know who is selling it so I can!

Cheers! M2

mkburden

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    HUNT COUNTY TEXAS
    Yeah, the cheek weild seems awkward at best. Again, new to ak's but can you swap stocks styles as you can ar's or not? I looked at the wasr at the last gun show at market hall and wasnt impressed much. Thanks for the info fellas.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It's not as easy to swap to a different stock on an AK, most times it requires a new rear trunnion (the part that holds the receiver together as well as holds the stock in place)...

Top Bottom