• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I've been looking into building an Ak and have been pricing and getting the tools and parts together. Now I'm on to looking for receiver flats so I here's the question, does anyone know of a supplier that has Ak flats with the inside rails already welded in?
    Capitol Armory ad

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    I would think the rails already being welded in would make things extremely difficult to bend the flat. It might also be considered to have been assembled too far for the ATF to be happy. Don't forget the heat treat as well.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've been looking into building an Ak and have been pricing and getting the tools and parts together. Now I'm on to looking for receiver flats so I here's the question, does anyone know of a supplier that has Ak flats with the inside rails already welded in?

Never seen one that way. The best I've seen is the upper rails pre-cut.

Nodak Spud receivers are pretty affordable. If you're building a regular AKM, you can get a receiver for $55 shipped to your FFL. $80ish once you throw transfer on there.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I saw one on you tube but he may have just pre welded it before he shot the video. I don't have a welder so I guess I'll pick up a nodak receiver, good thing I didn't buy the bending jig yet.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I saw one on you tube but he may have just pre welded it before he shot the video. I don't have a welder so I guess I'll pick up a nodak receiver, good thing I didn't buy the bending jig yet.

You'll be better off in the long run IMO. You'd have to get a spot welder and then you have to find a way to harden the receivers after they're bent. Most people just harden the area around the axis pin holes with a MAPP torch and steel container of motor oil, but the NDS receivers come full hardened.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    I think you can put a shim in there to take up the difference. I read somewhere that it's been done several times. I think AK Builder sells some (or did at one time).

W

W.A.R. Manufacturing

Are any of the nodak receivers pre cut to take a yugo m92 kit, but put the bulgy rear trunion for the triangular folding stock?

The problem that you will run in to is that the m92 receiver is pre cut for the underfodling stock. Your best bet is to go with a yugo m64 receiver and cut the rear for the bulgy folding trunion. I have the receiver blueprint if you need it, or can help you with the build (help, not charge for a service), if you're near the san Antonio area. I've got a full machine shop with cnc equipment and many a' aks under my belt.

Top Bottom