• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Rockwall, Texas
    Couldn't find the right thread for this, so I will post it here and maybe you all can get it going. Now that kameltoe has dropped some bombs on Syria, I decided to catch up on what's really going on with the warring factions in the middle east. I watched some excellent footage on u-tube, (search: Vice on HBO.) I noticed something interesting in that these ISIS thugs are sporting not only AK's but AR's as well. These mother-fuggers are ruthless as they want to take over the whole fu@kin world. They basically own the top half of Iraq and regardless of what the lying media says, are still going strong. Check out this pic of a couple of regular Iraqi dudes who are fighting against ISIS to defend their turf. The one guy looks like he put on his costco leather jacket as he left the gym to show up for some part time enemy blasting. The other dude looks like he is a plumber in his day job and joins in as well. Perhaps this their way of "getting in some range time". fu%king bizarre.
    ScreenShot_20210228021915.png
    Target Sports

Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Rockwall, Texas
    My father was an officer during war with Korea.. I guess it's a loyalty issue, or perhaps out of allegiance to our country. Either way, I have no beef with anyone having a commie inspired firearm, I am just still on the fence with it.

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    I can understand that.

My father was shot down when he was over in Vietnam, when I loaned him an SKS he joke but that might’ve been the one used to shoot him down, but he had no issue with borrowing it and using it.

I sort of feel it is like “not wanting to buy any German made product if you had a relative who fought in Europe during World War II”.

If we were talking more current events how much of the stuff that you purchase is made in China.

Another thing to consider is there are quite a few American made AK’s nowadays.

Just some thoughts.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    My father was an officer during war with Korea.. I guess it's a loyalty issue, or perhaps out of allegiance to our country. Either way, I have no beef with anyone having a commie inspired firearm, I am just still on the fence with it.

I served in the US military for 25 years, and I have no problems owning a Kalashnikov!

Speaking of which, the AK-47 was only accepted by the Soviet military in 1949, a year before the Korean War started, and the DPRK didn't ally with the Soviet Union until after the Korean War ended in 1953.

The majority of Soviet military aid was from surplus stocks, and North Korea was no exception. PPSH submachine guns made up the large bulk of firearms aid, as the Soviet's had a large supply of them from WW2 plus ammo, parts, etc.

Plus, the Soviet military itself did not start issuing the AK-47 in large numbers to its own units until 1956, three years later. They certainly weren't going to give the North Koreans a brand new assault rifle when they couldn't supply them to their own soldiers!

Finally, the Type 58 assault rifle--North Korea's version of the AK-47--didn't go into production until 1958, so there is zero chance your father ever encountered one while fighting in Korea.

By the way, my father served as a combat engineer during that conflict. In fact, he received his battlefield commission there!

1614790735205.png

Asymmetrical

The harmony of the Pen and the Sword
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2018
    Texas
    I consider Commie guns like I do Nazi guns: they're war trophies of our ultimate victory over two of the worst governmental systems ever devised.

Everything that was Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union is now reduced to souvenirs for military history hobbyists like myself. I buy their stuff because it's fun to collect and trade, and my AKs are no different. I wasn't allowed to bring home weapons parts from in theater, so I bought parts kits and rifles that closely approximated the ones i saw overseas.

I took my dad shooting some years back, and let him shoot my Maadi MISR-SA, and he remarked that this was the first time he'd ever been on the "delivering side" of an AK instead of the "receiving side." He liked the little rifle a lot, and thought it was a lot of fun to shoot.

CrazyCobraManTim

Whiskey Baby
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Keller, TX
    Man - I'd give someone else's left testicle for a Ppsh!

No problem owning AK or SKS - great SHTF weapon, and ditto for having an AR with an AK upper. Fun fact - you can run 7.62 Combloc ammo in your STANAG mags! Just don't attempt to put more than 20 in there!

Great to have options brother!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    How many soldiers brought home Lugers?

The DOD redesigned our machine guns based on the very successful German designs. The Springfield A3-O3 lost a patent infringement suit by Mauser and had to pay the Germans for every rifle we made, up to the start of WWI.

The AK has proven itself to be an extremely reliable weapon. Without debating the AR vs. AK thing, I can certainly see why people like them.

Good gun designs are good designs regardless of who came up with them.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I served in the US military for 25 years, and I have no problems owning a Kalashnikov!

Speaking of which, the AK-47 was only accepted by the Soviet military in 1949, a year before the Korean War started, and the DPRK didn't ally with the Soviet Union until after the Korean War ended in 1953.

The majority of Soviet military aid was from surplus stocks, and North Korea was no exception. PPSH submachine guns made up the large bulk of firearms aid, as the Soviet's had a large supply of them from WW2 plus ammo, parts, etc.

Plus, the Soviet military itself did not start issuing the AK-47 in large numbers to its own units until 1956, three years later. They certainly weren't going to give the North Koreans a brand new assault rifle when they couldn't supply them to their own soldiers!

Finally, the Type 58 assault rifle--North Korea's version of the AK-47--didn't go into production until 1958, so there is zero chance your father ever encountered one while fighting in Korea.

By the way, my father served as a combat engineer during that conflict. In fact, he received his battlefield commission there!

View attachment 246776
    Thank you MMM. Saved me the trouble of typing a history lesson, and you put far more educational detail into yours that I would have.

What MMM said.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Nazi's and Commies, were and are bad people, with bad ideas about how they viewed people different from them, or that don't embrace their ideology.

But a weapon is simply an inanimate object, that has no feelings, emotions, or possess some sort of spirit of who designed it, or those that used it. It's simply an object. Nothing more, and nothing less.

IMO, to transfer some sort of emotional feeling to an inanimate object simply because of it's historical usage, seems a bit strange and delusional to me.

Top Bottom