• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Not really a gun show (no firearms allowed), but a neat little militaria show at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Schertz (509 Schertz Parkway).

It's one day only, Saturday, June 11, 2016 from 9:00am-3:00pm, and only 125 tables; but if you're into military collectibles it can be a fun event!

5296367.jpg

http://www.acmemilexpo.com/index.html

Plus, the two young ladies that man the entrance are usually dressed up in period uniforms which is always cool!

IMAG1475_zpszpf47bfd.jpg

Cheers! M2
    Hurley's Gold

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    So, we went to the Alamo City Militaria Expo show this morning, and I found a few nice items. First were a complete set of a Soviet officer and East German NCO uniforms, with rank, badges, a hat, shirt, tie and pants...

Uniforms_zps8dqy0bcd.jpg

Also scored a Russian MiG-29 pin for a buck...

IMG_3993_zpsfk8zssnt.jpg

A Russian airborne patch...

IMG_3992_zpszqnkhbap.jpg

A pack of Apollo/Soyuz commemorative cigarettes (seriously)...

IMG_3990_zpsgddxeeas.jpg

And lastly, a Soviet commemorative medal made into a key chain...

IMG_3998_zpsenoofj9v.jpg
    IMG_4001_zpsospovxsj.jpg

Now the kicker, the Soviet uniform set was $30, and the DDR one $25. The patch was $3, the cigarettes were $5, and the coin/keychain $8. As I mentioned, the Fulcrum pin was a buck, so all in all, I got everything above for under $75!

Plus, as a bonus, they had two sweet Willys Jeeps out front!

13419231_10154253972221306_6953757467373681909_n_zpsxvez6wy8.jpg

Unfortunately, it just ended a few minutes ago; but there's another one in October.

As an additional bonus, we found an excellent place for breakfast in Schertz! It's called BG's & Billy Hannah's at 602 Main, and their breakfast combo for $4.99 was delicious! It was so good that I couldn't resist taking several bites before taking a photo!

13434941_10154253751721306_3899244509091648542_n_zpsr5m7y9tv.jpg

I'm drooling just looking at the photo again!

Cheers! M2

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Crap, I forgot to let everyone know the show was going on again today!

Better just to get show info off their website (http://www.acmemilexpo.com/show-info.html) or follow them on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Alamo-City-Militaria-Expo-LLC-402707559819915/).

Just to note again this is NOT a gun show and no firearms or live ammo are allowed. The Knights of Columbus Hall does have legal 30.06 and 30.07 signage at the entrance.

But it's still worth a visit. I have yet to go to this show and not walk out with some cool finds. This time it was a pair of Czechoslovak airborne/special forces berets, and two ČSSR medals with display boxes.

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Old thread, but same show and same place, however I'm pretty sure prices mentioned above will not be. :banghead:

Today from 9 to 3pm.

Thanks for reminding everyone! We went this morning, most of the vendors are back but a few--such as Edward Thomas from whom I've bought several flight helmets--have moved on. I picked up a few small items, an bullion patch for RAF 71st (Eagle) Squadron, a set of mini postcards from Kelly Field, and a pair of A2CU pants to replace the ones I have which are too long (I have to blouse the shit out of them!). We also ran into several friends of ours, to include to retired Marines I used to work with in my last job.

RAF 71 (Eagle) Squadron (1).jpg
    Kelly Field Mini Postcards (1).jpg

It's always great going to this show, it's not huge but there is a lot of militaria for sale. It has always been good hunting for me, I've scored some real great items; but sometimes I only snag a few smaller things. Regardless, I enjoy the show and seeing everything offered!

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    It's always great going to this show, it's not huge but there is a lot of militaria for sale. It has always been good hunting for me, I've scored some real great items; but sometimes I only snag a few smaller things. Regardless, I enjoy the show and seeing everything offered!

Yeah, the last time I was there, I found it pretty jam packed with all sorts of interesting stuff. If it wasn't for the air show, I would have gone myself.

Top Bottom