Johnson County, TX

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Don’t confuse knowledge with beliefs.
    Yeah, but in her case, I’m not at all sure she has the knowledge, either. I have actually wondered the same about how she earned her degree in economics. Based on interview comments she’s made, she doesn’t strike me as being well versed in economics on a national (or international) level. JMHO.

[ETA] I wrote my above comment *before* I read Ed’s linked article. The linked article is short and worth reading.

Last edited:

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Degree in Economics and doesn't understand that the "marginal" tax rate she is proposing will not result in the effect on government tax income she is touting??

What is this country coming to?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Yeah, but in her case, I’m not at all sure she has the knowledge, either.

Retention and application are only required thru the duration of the course, not the lifetime. She may, at one time, have retained the basic knowledge necessary to pass the course and satisfactorily matriculate.

...Based on interview comments she’s made, she doesn’t strike me as being well versed in economics on a national (or international) level. JMHO. .

Agreed. I sincerely doubt with her background as a staffer and bartender that she has real, significant experience applying what she learned. At best she may have researched and advocated for the pol she worked for. None of that has to be grounded in real world experience.

I wrote my above comment *before* I read Ed’s linked article. The linked article is short and worth reading.

I read it. Not much new in it for me, but I’ve got a couple of degrees in government and international relations and almost as many years practicing in those fields as she’s been alive.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Degree in Economics and doesn't understand that the "marginal" tax rate she is proposing will not result in the effect on government tax income she is touting??

What is this country coming to?

Finance and accounting is a hard science field. Economics is a social science field. To assume an economist understands even the basic fundamentals of finance and accounting should be a stretch.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom