• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The Cop should have arrested her immediately.

The Salvation Army, Churches, Communities, and Food Banks offer services.

It is not in the Cop's job description to ignore a violation of law, even if well intended.

Such action only begets more of the same.

Fix the broken window!
    Capitol Armory ad

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    The Cop should have arrested her immediately.

The Salvation Army, Churches, Communities, and Food Banks offer services.

It is not in the Cop's job description to ignore a violation of law, even if well intended.

Such action only begets more of the same.

Fix the broken window!

The cop didn't ignore the violation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    It amazes me that so many are so "short"sighted on here. The woman SHOULD have been cited and released based on the totality of the circumstance. We are going to jail and house someone stealing food (cost the state money), put their kids into foster care (costing the stae more money), potentially do more damage to them then good by placing them there and increase their chance of being wards of the state in the future (foster kids statistically end up in prison or the judicial system more than non-foster kids)? If there is an option that accomplishes the same outcome, why not consider it?

Some of you just like to complain about police....period. When they are strict and show no mercy they are heartless and inhuman. When they show empathy, they aren't doing their job.

She will still have to go to court, she will still probably get probation, the same exact results as if they took her to jail. Difference? This way saved the state some money and helped her and her kids out a bit, all at no taxpayer expense.

There is simply no pleasing some people.

Last edited:

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    For all we know she sold all her food stamps for crack and the kids would be better off in foster care. You're assuming she was some good citizen down on her luck. We're not talking $50 in groceries. $300 is multiple carts

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    For all we know she sold all her food stamps for crack and the kids would be better off in foster care. You're assuming she was some good citizen down on her luck. We're not talking $50 in groceries. $300 is multiple carts

I routinely fit $300 in groceries in one cart. The rest of your assumptions are pretty wild speculation based on...?

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I doubt that. Last time I went to heb with my wife we spent $180 and had 1 and a half carts. And we don't buy expensive groceries. Also I'm not assuming anything. My post started off "for all we know". If anything you're assuming she's a good citizen and good mother.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I doubt that. Last time I went to heb with my wife we spent $180 and had 1 and a half carts. And we don't buy expensive groceries. Also I'm not assuming anything. My post started off "for all we know". If anything you're assuming she's a good citizen and good mother.

Not assuming anything. I'm saying showing some compassion to a person stealing food to feed her kids is not a bad thing. Especially since she will still have to answer for her crimes.
    Not sure what you are doubting.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Who said "All LEOs are dicks??".

Only category I can think of who would claim that, would be those behind bars or with frequent contact due to their knucklehead lifestyles and choices.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    My last shopping trip was $363 and all in one cart...just sayin'

300 in groceries in the state of Texas is a Class B....Jailable , yes...IF THE complainant pursues charges.....Besides, the officer didn't foot the whole bill, yet bout the lady $100 worth of groceries. THAT sHOWS the officer is not a machine....a human with a heartbeat. You'd be surprised at what I too have done for those in need within reason.
    Also, the woman, as stated before, did face charges....it's not a damn felony as someone previously stated. The case was probably filed atarge and she was released on scene. She's still being held accountable for her actions. The officer was rewarding the woman, rather helping for the kids.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx

And you're assuming she's a bad mother.....yeah, she messed up this time....does that mean she's condemned for life and her history means nothing? Up to the point she committed the offense, what if she was an upstanding citizen? Panicked out of a need to provide...then again, she could be a huge meth addict....either way, nice to see the officer isn't a machine and reads only black and white.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Top Bottom