• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    These days even that can be seen as a screw up. Department policy and all. Not saying its the case here but we are seeing it more and more. Like the Walmart employee who was fired after helping stop an assault. Good is punished, bad can make you infamous, lines are blurred, evil seems to be winning.

Good for this cop and hopefully this woman is able to turn her situation around so that she doesn't end up faced with the same problem in a week.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    So she steals 300 dollars worth of stuff and is rewarded? How is that good?

Good is a relative term. How about best possible solution for everyone involved?

She was still cited with a misdemeanor. Better than a felony arrest and her kids given to CPS.

Obamascared

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Thats a post direct from Obama . We are all equall the rich are evil, everyone is a radist but him, and the real issue is that most cops 99% are good people, 99 % of our military guys are great people. And the liberal media withObamas blessing is manipulating everyone including cops and whats is reported.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Maybe it will encourage others to shoplift over $300 worth of stuff. If you get caught you'll just get a ticket and a hundred bucks worth of stuff. How is this a good thing?

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Good is a relative term. How about best possible solution for everyone involved?

She was still cited with a misdemeanor. Better than a felony arrest and her kids given to CPS.

While I can understand the sympathy that the officer felt for the woman and her kids, I'm still unsure about how this was a good long term thing.

When did rewarding bad behavior become a good thing?

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Tactical+Facepalm_20547d_374251.jpg

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    It is news when they screw up because it happens so seldom. ;)

As somebody who likes to blast cops when they screw up and wind up in the news, this is the truth. Considering there are millions of interactions each day, quite a few people with videos trying to catch them screwing up, I'd say the percentage of good interactions is likely > 99%.

As far as this one goes, it is heart warming because it shows this officer is a good person and cares about others. I'm on the fence as to whether or not it is a good thing though in this case. I tend to agree with itchin2shoot on this rewarding bad behavior. On the other hand, this could be something that could turn this family around the corner. The kids will also likely never forget this.

Top Bottom