• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikehunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Midland, Tx
    State has everything. The clock is running. I know holiday timing won't help. Still, it's done! Standing by.

M

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    That is the PROBLEM.

The State should not have anything!

They have your name, address, phone number, social security number/driver license number, photograph, finger prints, and financial institution if you paid by credit card, debit card, or personal check.

Now they know you have a gun. It is nothing more than stealth registration of gun owners.

You don't have freedom when citizens willingly trade liberty for a permit to carry.

What protection do you have if/when the libtards turn Texas blue?

Just look to California, Illinois, New York, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, and Connecticut, among many others.

We are fried.

Even our beloved Texas Legislature is not a benevolent institution.

If it were, not one home owner in Texas would have to pay a property tax to keep what is his homestead.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Now the wait begins. Might as well start checking the website a couple of times an hour until it says it's shipped. I don't think they update it but every day or so, but you might as well wear out the F5 button on your keyboard anyway. At least that's how my daughter did it when she was waiting on hers.

She did get hers several days before her husband, that took the class with her, so maybe there is something to it.

mikehunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Midland, Tx
    That is the PROBLEM.

They have your name, address, phone number, social security number/driver license number, photograph, finger prints, and financial institution if you paid by credit card, debit card, or personal check.

Now they know you have a gun. It is nothing more than stealth registration of gun owners.

You don't have freedom when citizens willingly trade liberty for a permit to carry.

Just look to California, Illinois, New York, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, and Connecticut, among many others.

We are fried.

If it were, not one home owner in Texas would have to pay a property tax to keep what is his homestead.

And you know something about JFK the rest of us don't know.

Dial it down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    That is the PROBLEM.

We are fried.

krazy.jpg

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Now the wait begins. Might as well start checking the website a couple of times an hour until it says it's shipped. I don't think they update it but every day or so, but you might as well wear out the F5 button on your keyboard anyway. At least that's how my daughter did it when she was waiting on hers.

She did get hers several days before her husband, that took the class with her, so maybe there is something to it.

I actually waited 63 days for the first update to show up on the web site. That was yesterday. It's a great feeling tho when it does happen. At least I know they have my stuff now.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I actually waited 63 days for the first update to show up on the web site. That was yesterday. It's a great feeling tho when it does happen. At least I know they have my stuff now.

63 days? Was there a problem or is it that backed up now? My daughter got hers right after they switched over to digital fingerprinting and had her plastic in hand in under a month. My barber had his delayed because someone retired and it got left on their desk. He called after 30 days to find out what was going on and they found the paperwork and rushed it through in another 2 weeks. That was a couple of years ago.

If you don't see any more updates within a week, I'd suggest you pick up the phone.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    63 days? Was there a problem or is it that backed up now? My daughter got hers right after they switched over to digital fingerprinting and had her plastic in hand in under a month. My barber had his delayed because someone retired and it got left on their desk. He called after 30 days to find out what was going on and they found the paperwork and rushed it through in another 2 weeks. That was a couple of years ago.

If you don't see any more updates within a week, I'd suggest you pick up the phone.

Nope. No problems with the paper work and my background check is squeaky clean. That's just how far they are behind now. At this point, they are working on new applications submitted in the 2nd or 3rd week of October. The RSD web site went from Reviewing background check, to manufacturing pending the next day. Then the next day it went to "Mailed". Before that, not a peep from them.

A week before Thanksgiving, I E-mailed them requesting confirmation that they had received my documents. I never did get a response other than confirmation that they had received my E-mail request. They are swamped now because of all the renewals that came in after September 1st. Well, that's one reason. Also, there are many more individuals applying for new CHL's now, than ever before.

Last edited:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Nope. No problems with the paper work and my background check is squeaky clean. That's just how far they are behind now. At this point, they are working on new applications submitted in the 2nd or 3rd week of October. The RSD web site went from Reviewing background check, to manufacturing pending the next day. Then the next day it went to "Mailed". Before that, not a peep from them.

A week before Thanksgiving, I E-mailed them requesting confirmation that they had received my documents. I never did get a response other than confirmation that they had received my E-mail request. They are swamped now because of all the renewals that came in after September 1st. Well, that's one reason. Also, there are many more individuals applying for new CHL's now, than ever before.

Sorry, I completely forgot about the new shortened class requirements. I can see how that would cause a spike in classes and the resulting backlog. Guess I should pay a little more attention.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Experience with my ex wife's first CHL and with my renewal is that the status does not change for weeks, then suddenly it gets updated every couple days and then you get the license. Just have to be patient.

Top Bottom