DK Firearms

All of these anti-Constitutional Carry LTC instructors need to hear from us...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I guess I might as well add that Texas law shield was pimped at the end of my CHL class with almost scare tactic like sales methods. Makes me wonder if the feller had something in it for him....

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

LAWJIC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2021
    Waco, Tx
    Let’s be honest if any of our industries were about to be knocked out, You’d be shitting your pants too.... but that being said we don’t get jobs over our constitution and money doesn’t come before our constitution. This is a poorly drafted letter for people who are sincerely scared about their livelihood. I get it. But again this needed to be drafted in a way where hey, maybe we could still ASK/Encourage people to take these classes through PSA’s, but not force them but take them as a way to get better at safety and accuracy and all the things that come with carrying a firearm on a daily basis.
    So all of these LTC folks are trying to stop Constitutional Carry in Texas.

Personally, I think that's a (thankfully) small list, but they should hear from folks if they really want to go there.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Let’s be honest if any of our industries were about to be knocked out...
    Pretty sure the LTC industry ain’t going to get knocked out. Hell, the Utah non-resident permit proves that point. Remember, there’s more to the LTC than just carry in TX, and as it stands, the industry is a one-and-done customer anyways.

On the flip side, as mentioned before, MPA allows unlicensed carry today, and there’s plenty of otherwise law-abiding Texans who’d be decriminalized overnight if we can get this bill passed.

But instead, let’s throw out every single pearl-clutching worry that’s already been disproven in nearly half the states in America so the the state can claim justification for suppressing a constitutional right.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Just a reminder that the truly determined can go grab a pre-1899 revolver or a modern black powder replica and carry without a license already... been there done that.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Let’s be honest if any of our industries were about to be knocked out, You’d be shitting your pants too.... but that being said we don’t get jobs over our constitution and money doesn’t come before our constitution. This is a poorly drafted letter for people who are sincerely scared about their livelihood. I get it. But again this needed to be drafted in a way where hey, maybe we could still ASK/Encourage people to take these classes through PSA’s, but not force them but take them as a way to get better at safety and accuracy and all the things that come with carrying a firearm on a daily basis.

Sad to say, but I disagree. They are more worried about losing income that the law would deprive them of. What does that tell you of their character and morals? Says to me that money is more important that rights or freedom to some people.

And another thing, anyone that is basing their entire livelihood on giving a course for a carry permit, is an idiot!

Top Bottom