All of these anti-Constitutional Carry LTC instructors need to hear from us...

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
I’m not a lawyer, or government official that is involved in the discussion. I only know what I read, and all references within HB1911 to licensed carry are removed from the bill. This indicates to me, that with constitutional carry, the LTC program is no longer necessary to continue. If the TX LTC becomes invalid, then a purchaser from an FFL would only accept your TX DL for identification, and you would go through the NICS check, just like every other non LTC holder. As far as the F2F sale, that’s just how I choose to be responsible in selling. I won’t sell to you if you don’t have a LTC, and there is a bill of sale. That’s just how I choose to do my due diligence with who I choose to sell a firearm to.
A1986060-AAC7-4DBD-9B37-8B363AEAC3F4.gif

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Aug 27, 2009
San Antonio!
I won’t sell to you if you don’t have a LTC, and there is a bill of sale.
Thanks, I've added you to my list of people I won't deal with because of your ignorance of the law and not knowing an unnotarized bill of sale is worthless in court!

By the way, any reason why you discriminate against those without a LTC? There is no legal reason to do so, as many law-abiding Texans don't have one. There is law requiring a LTC to purchase a firearm in Texas...

Did you move here from California?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
Throwing my .02 in here. First, I am not an instructor. I’ve had my LTC for many years when it was a CHL. I carry every day. My biggest concern as was expressed earlier, is on purchases. I get the whole constitutional carry push, I really do. If this passes, and the LTC is obsolete, then to me, this is a huge step backward for the purchasing process. I do not want to have the feds knowing that I purchased from an ffl, and what that purchase is. Secondly, now I’m uncomfortable selling F2F with no knowledge of “Is this person a felon or not”
NOTHING is going to happen to the LTC...folks need to do their homework.

General Zod

TGT Addict
Sep 29, 2012
Kaufman County
I’m not a lawyer, or government official that is involved in the discussion. I only know what I read, and all references within HB1911 to licensed carry are removed from the bill. This indicates to me, that with constitutional carry, the LTC program is no longer necessary to continue. If the TX LTC becomes invalid, then a purchaser from an FFL would only accept your TX DL for identification, and you would go through the NICS check, just like every other non LTC holder. As far as the F2F sale, that’s just how I choose to be responsible in selling. I won’t sell to you if you don’t have a LTC, and there is a bill of sale. That’s just how I choose to do my due diligence with who I choose to sell a firearm to.

No. Absolutely everything you said here is wrong.

If something (say, licensed carry) is not specifically addressed by legislation, then that legislation does not affect it. Licensed carry will still be around, exactly as it is, just optional for those who wish to carry within the borders of Texas. Want to go to another state which has reciprocity with Texas and carry? You'll need a Texas LTC. Want to waste less time on background checks when you buy from your local gun dealer? Whip out your Texas LTC. That will stay the same with unlicensed carry.

And requiring a bill of sale doesn't make you "responsible" or show "due diligence", it demonstrates your lack of legal knowledge.

Polkwright

Mar 3, 2021
Fort Worth, TX
No. Absolutely everything you said here is wrong.

If something (say, licensed carry) is not specifically addressed by legislation, then that legislation does not affect it. Licensed carry will still be around, exactly as it is, just optional for those who wish to carry within the borders of Texas. Want to go to another state which has reciprocity with Texas and carry? You'll need a Texas LTC. Want to waste less time on background checks when you buy from your local gun dealer? Whip out your Texas LTC. That will stay the same with unlicensed carry.

And requiring a bill of sale doesn't make you "responsible" or show "due diligence", it demonstrates your lack of legal knowledge.
Wow, U.S. Law Shield is ignorant about the law too....

"While Texas law does not require any formal paperwork to document a change in firearm ownership, a bill of sale is a strong recommendation. This bill of sale should include the date of the transaction, the make, model, serial number, color, and general description of the firearm. You should also list the names, addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of the buyer and yourself. We also recommend you take a photo of the buyer’s Texas Driver’s License or License to Carry a Handgun.

You should keep a copy of the bill of sale, give one to the buyer, and make sure to store the document in a secure place. It might even be a good idea to save a digital copy using an encrypted cloud service.

This document will be essential should the firearm you sold wind up at a crime scene or in the hands of a criminal. If the police show up at your front door asking questions about the gun sometime down the line, you will be able to clearly show when it left your possession."

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads