Texas SOT

All of these anti-Constitutional Carry LTC instructors need to hear from us...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Place where I did mine was on the list as well...McKinney Firearms Training. The name on the list Dr. Whatever? I never met. I think the Dr. and his wife own the business, but some other guy did the proficiency. There was ZERO training, just online course and out to an outdoor range to qualify. Though I didn't need any training to shoot, there were others that had me half scared to death!

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Although I was disappointed to see my instructor on the list I don't think these are the people that I want to go after. Dicks Sporting Goods, okay. Not some small time business people who are trying to pay the rent. Let's not be vindictive.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Although I was disappointed to see my instructor on the list I don't think these are the people that I want to go after. Dicks Sporting Goods, okay. Not some small time business people who are trying to pay the rent. Let's not be vindictive.
    So, as long as it is a small business that wants to wipe its ass with your rights it’s ok? WTF?

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Nah, who are trying to use the state to force you to use their services to defend yourself. I call that legit fascist.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

They put their profits before our freedom, and stabbed us in the back. Fug em. Those greedy bastards get what they get.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I was in the other camp a few years ago.....thought long and hard about it. With the wisdom found here on TGT.....

I Finally woke up to the fact the 2A wasn't written for the Government to restrict the people...

It was written to restrict Government from restricting the people......

Any compromise leads to lost rights......

I've posted it before and will again....

The hardest part of freedom is accepting the other folks right to exercise theirs....

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    @rotor I have to agree with my friend @Maverick44 on this. This is typical FUDD mentality. "I believe in the 2nd Amendment, But....." This is the same mentality of those who own guns, as long as they fit within their prescribed notions of what they think gun owners should be "allowed" to own. IOW's, they don't support your right to 30 round magazines, or to an AR or AK, since they don't believe such things are what sporting gun owners need. Last I read in the 2nd Amendment, there was nothing written about need. Simply says, "The right to bear arms....." "Shall not be infringed."

These instructors/trainers are worried about losing revenue. At what price are we going to place on exercising our gun rights? They are crying about safety and other manners of mayhem and chaos ensuing if such a law were passed. Didn't we see and hear the same hogwash many years ago when concealed carry was passed in this state? "The streets will run red with blood." I think was the mantra many naysayers were crying. That never happened.

My thoughts? If these instructors or trainers want to hitch their wagon to that letter, then they deserve the backlash that follows. Most of them, I doubt their training courses are their primary income to begin with.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    @rotor I have to agree with my friend @Maverick44 on this. This is typical FUDD mentality. "I believe in the 2nd Amendment, But....." This is the same mentality of those who own guns, as long as they fit within their prescribed notions of what they think gun owners should be "allowed" to own. IOW's, they don't support your right to 30 round magazines, or to an AR or AK, since they don't believe such things are what sporting gun owners need. Last I read in the 2nd Amendment, there was nothing written about need. Simply says, "The right to bear arms....." "Shall not be infringed."

These instructors/trainers are worried about losing revenue. At what price are we going to place on exercising our gun rights? They are crying about safety and other manners of mayhem and chaos ensuing if such a law were passed. Didn't we see and hear the same hogwash many years ago when concealed carry was passed in this state? "The streets will run red with blood." I think was the mantra many naysayers were crying. That never happened.

My thoughts? If these instructors or trainers want to hitch their wagon to that letter, then they deserve the backlash that follows. Most of them, I doubt their training courses are their primary income to begin with.
    I know what you are saying but these are small fry and not worthy of trying to destroy. There are big fish to go after. I just don’t feel as strong as some about trying to hurt these guys because their opinion is not my opinion. I don’t agree with their letter and that is as far as I will go. Hope constitutional carry passes. Sent multiple email to my congressman, got no response, he is a sponsor of the bill. Yeah!

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I know what you are saying but these are small fry and not worthy of trying to destroy. There are big fish to go after. I just don’t feel as strong as some about trying to hurt these guys because their opinion is not my opinion. I don’t agree with their letter and that is as far as I will go. Hope constitutional carry passes. Sent multiple email to my congressman, got no response, he is a sponsor of the bill. Yeah!
    I think there's a difference between trying to destroy them, and Politely letting them know that we find their choice repulsive and offensive. Kind of a Matthew 18 deal, with the goal of peace, for those who know the reference.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I’m all for constitutional carry and canceling the LTC program all together. Have to admit I wish my name was on that list to piss off some of the Nancy Boys around here.
    emoji56.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea being upset about fair weather “patriots” makes us nancy boys. Ok retard

Top Bottom