• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I stopped n th pawn shop in Willis today and was quite surprised. There were a lot of guns in there. Must have been three times as many as I've ever seen there before. The guy behind the counter said their I45 location lost their FFL, so all the guns were coming to Willis.
    Of course they were all still over priced, like $700 for a kel tec sub 2000, or 1900 for a KSG.
    I was surprise to see a used Kriss Vector carbine, though. It had the trijicon do on top and they were asking 1600. I don't know if hats good or bad.
    Capitol Armory ad

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    I stopped n th pawn shop in Willis today and was quite surprised. There were a lot of guns in there. Must have been three times as many as I've ever seen there before. The guy behind the counter said their I45 location lost their FFL, so all the guns were coming to Willis.
    Of course they were all still over priced, like $700 for a kel tec sub 2000, or 1900 for a KSG.
    I was surprise to see a used Kriss Vector carbine, though. It had the trijicon do on top and they were asking 1600. I don't know if hats good or bad.

$1600 for the Kriss might not be bad depending on the Trijicon. Their most basic reflex sight is worth about $200-$300 "used", while a magnified, fiber optic ACOG could be worth closer to $700-$800 used.

I usually benchmark prices based on the most ubiquitous firearms... so what did they want for a Glock? 1911's? S&W wheel guns? If they want $600 for a $500 glock, chances are the rest of their prices won't be that great either.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    $1600 for the Kriss might not be bad depending on the Trijicon. Their most basic reflex sight is worth about $200-$300 "used", while a magnified, fiber optic ACOG could be worth closer to $700-$800 used.

I usually benchmark prices based on the most ubiquitous firearms... so what did they want for a Glock? 1911's? S&W wheel guns? If they want $600 for a $500 glock, chances are the rest of their prices won't be that great either.
    It was a trijicon reflex, so I think it was an ok deal.I don't know what 1911s or flocks were going for , but I did see a couple of $600 Ruger blackhawks. And no, not three screws.
    Trust me this place is always expensive. You can buy new for less than they want for used.
    They once had a cast receiver FA91 for $900, stock Saigas for $800, etc.

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    It was a trijicon reflex, so I think it was an ok deal.I don't know what 1911s or flocks were going for , but I did see a couple of $600 Ruger blackhawks. And no, not three screws.
    Trust me this place is always expensive. You can buy new for less than they want for used.
    They once had a cast receiver FA91 for $900, stock Saigas for $800, etc.

Well, one wonders how they stay in business. I've seen the higher-end gun market soften quite a bit in the last few months. I'm not talking about "over priced ARs", which I still see on TGT quite often. I think that even a fair priced mid-tier AR is a tough sell these days. I wonder who is buying their over priced stuff? I don't have $1600 to spend on a Kriss (no matter how cool they are) even with the reflex sight.

Top Bottom